Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying straight but going right.

Reaction score
Ran all my pre-flight checks. IMU's were all with in acceptable ranges. Extremely light breeze hardly noticeable.

Took off and i1 held its position but it seemed to have alot of play as it was holding. When I started flying forward the i1 kept veering ever so slightly to the right. It wasnt turning it was almost like it was just ever so slightly sliding to the right. This only occured while flying straight foward or straight back. To flight straight I had to apply a little left pitch (I have moved the pitch control over to the left stick.)

Any ideas why this was happening?

Does this occur in every location you fly?
Yes and no. No It wasn't dokng it at all the other day. Yes because flying yesterday I flew it for 13 min and it occurred the whole flight. Being that it's a new issue I haven't really done much testing to see if location is a possible issue.

Curious about this as well. Similar issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Out this morning, no breeze at 5 am, very still. Yet going straight, drifts to the right. No difference on speed either. Wondering whether to play with settings or not.
Any ideas?

Ran all my pre-flight checks. IMU's were all with in acceptable ranges. Extremely light breeze hardly noticeable.

Took off and i1 held its position but it seemed to have alot of play as it was holding. When I started flying forward the i1 kept veering ever so slightly to the right. It wasnt turning it was almost like it was just ever so slightly sliding to the right. This only occured while flying straight foward or straight back. To flight straight I had to apply a little left pitch (I have moved the pitch control over to the left stick.)

Any ideas why this was happening?

Check your props for any damage maybe?

Hi all.
Had a similar problem and what I did was to calibrate sticks and set copter up on a perfectly flat surface and do a full imu calibration. Problem solved

Horizontal translational drift (aka forwards/backwards or left/right drift) is an excellent clue that the IMU needs recalibrating -- or was re-calibrated with the copter not perfectly level or experiencing some vibrations.

EDIT: Oh....and if you do a re-calibration when the aircraft is not level or experiencing vibrations, you basically "bake in" the error -- so the numbers you see might look OK -- but they're only OK because you effectively told the aircraft "Here....re-calibrate now -- you're level and stationary" when it was not. :)

Andy.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Horizontal translational drift (aka forwards/backwards or left/right drift) is an excellent clue that the IMU needs recalibrating -- or was re-calibrated with the copter not perfectly level or experiencing some vibrations.

EDIT: Oh....and if you do a re-calibration when the aircraft is not level or experiencing vibrations, you basically "bake in" the error -- so the numbers you see might look OK -- but they're only OK because you effectively told the aircraft "Here....re-calibrate now -- you're level and stationary" when it was not. :)

Andy.

So what's the solution to this then if you had done the first calibration on a non level surface??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD