Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying Your Drone -> Editing -> Result

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have searched the forum and could not find anything related to my question to follow.

I have been an Inspire V2.0 pilot now for just under a year and want to really start learning about processing and editing my Photos and Videos.

May I please ask some experienced members the following:

'What is your exact process from Flying your drone to editing'

As in you take your Micro SD card and then do what...

I really appreciate your time and replies.

Thanks

David
f30053dbd9e7d06a9c9acb458d528430.jpg

If you have a computer with a card reader or an external reader, insert the card and of course to your computer, whether it's PC or Mac process is virtually the same, and depending on how it is setup the video editor might come online automatically and ask to import the files, you can decide if you will use that editor or another, I will usually import the file to the computer hard drive and name a folder for that particular project. I prefer this way just in case the editor gets hung up on import, it's happened to me already, Each editor handles the files a little differently, but in common, you will have to crate a project into which you will import your files. Once imported to the project you can audition your clips and start deciding which you will use and in what order, you may place them in the timeline in the order you foresee and begin to trim your clips accordingly. Try and keep in mind what the full length of your project will be and also that humans these days don't have the greatest attention spans, clips over 2 minutes might loose your audience (I'm just saying)as you "cut" and "splice" you might want to start thinking about the "look" you want for the project, simple color correction or grading is possible with the tools provided by simple editors, you can match up exposures that might differ in the clips etc. The editor will provide you the tools, your mind and soul will make the art.
Now hopefully a more knowledgeable member of this forum will jump in and share the fruits of knowledge with us, as we could always keep learning.

If you have a computer with a card reader or an external reader, insert the card and of course to your computer, whether it's PC or Mac process is virtually the same, and depending on how it is setup the video editor might come online automatically and ask to import the files, you can decide if you will use that editor or another, I will usually import the file to the computer hard drive and name a folder for that particular project. I prefer this way just in case the editor gets hung up on import, it's happened to me already, Each editor handles the files a little differently, but in common, you will have to crate a project into which you will import your files. Once imported to the project you can audition your clips and start deciding which you will use and in what order, you may place them in the timeline in the order you foresee and begin to trim your clips accordingly. Try and keep in mind what the full length of your project will be and also that humans these days don't have the greatest attention spans, clips over 2 minutes might loose your audience (I'm just saying)as you "cut" and "splice" you might want to start thinking about the "look" you want for the project, simple color correction or grading is possible with the tools provided by simple editors, you can match up exposures that might differ in the clips etc. The editor will provide you the tools, your mind and soul will make the art.
Now hopefully a more knowledgeable member of this forum will jump in and share the fruits of knowledge with us, as we could always keep learning.

Thank you for your reply [emoji1303]

Reactions: 1buddyc
In addition to the wise words above, I would also suggest you give careful consideration to both disk management and file/library management. It is very easy to quickly fill HDD's as video files are, by their nature, large and over time if you do not closely manage files, it is easy to end up with duplicates and everything gets very messy!

Having recently upgraded to an iMac 27" 5K retina workstation I have also opted to use an external HDD (LaCie d2 3TB) soley for my video production files, clips etc. As/when I fill this HDD, I can simply daisy chain another unit off this.

This is a big subject and if you get it wrong disk space disappears at a rate of knots and gets very messy!

In addition to the wise words above, I would also suggest you give careful consideration to both disk management and file/library management. It is very easy to quickly fill HDD's as video files are, by their nature, large and over time if you do not closely manage files, it is easy to end up with duplicates and everything gets very messy!

Having recently upgraded to an iMac 27" 5K retina workstation I have also opted to use an external HDD (LaCie d2 3TB) soley for my video production files, clips etc. As/when I fill this HDD, I can simply daisy chain another unit off this.

This is a big subject and if you get it wrong disk space disappears at a rate of knots and gets very messy!

Superb advice my friend and thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I am wanting to invest in an iMac 5K asap and will use your method for my production files.

Reactions: marg2
First rule to observe is put media on a separate external drive. Otherwise your editing system will not perform well.

First rule to observe is put media on a separate external drive. Otherwise your editing system will not perform well.
I've never heard that. Why would you want to keep your working files on an external drive with a (most likely) slower interface?

And don't worry about stuff like that right now. If you've never done video editing you'll have your hands full just learning very basic editing. Then you'll need to study up on bit rate and other render settings to render the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu