Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Foldable carbon fiber props

Reaction score
I will be getting a inspire 1v2.0. And I noticed they make foldable carbon fiber props. Do you guys have any experience with these and if so how good are they and where do I purchase them from. Thanks.

Those were the ones that I read about. I thought they only made those for the inspired 2. I will have to put a order in. Do they make the foam that goes around the props and the arm to hold them in place if I’m explaining this right.

I have run the stock DJI quick release props on my I1 for almost 3 years (over 200 flight hours) without any issues so I personally would not waste money on cf props for the I1.

The I2 on the other hand does have issues with the stock props, which is why I have purchased the Florida Drone folding cf props for the I2.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I was thinking the foldable props would be nice you would not have to take them on and off. If I decide to go that route would I run into any problems.

Folding the cf props out on my I2 takes about the same time as putting the quick release props on my I1. The benefit of the stock DJI props are:

1. DJI approved, no warranty or personal liability issues.
2. They are cheap.
3. The low cost makes it practical to replace the props every year or 100 hrs flight which gives peace of mind.
4. No need to mod the case to accommodate them.
5. No moving parts/joints so less to go wrong.

Whilst I love the improvement that the folding cf winglet props have made to the I2 I do not plan to purchase cf props for the I1.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Those were my thoughts exactly that’s why am on the fence about it. They do look very well-made though. I have carbon fiber props my MP and I do like them.

you might want to check. i don't think the props on the link above will fit a v2.

the v2 was available for a short time before the i2. i don't think anyone ever made cf props for it. if you find any, post the link here for others asking the same question.

Anything that fits the Inspire 1 T600 would fit all versions of it. (T601 and Pro) I have personally put the 1345LS prop locks on every version of the I1. The top of the motor remained unchanged throughout the evolution of the I1.

thats probably why no specific cf props were available for the v2. chipdji, if you buy the foldable props post back with the results.

Anything that fits the Inspire 1 T600 would fit all versions of it. (T601 and Pro) I have personally put the 1345LS prop locks on every version of the I1. The top of the motor remained unchanged throughout the evolution of the I1.
thats probably why no specific cf props were available for the v2. chipdji, if you buy the foldable props post back with the results.
i will. Still on the fence about it. Bad side is if you damage one prop you have to buy another whole set that can get really expensive real quick.

I will be getting a inspire 1v2.0. And I noticed they make foldable carbon fiber props. Do you guys have any experience with these and if so how good are they and where do I purchase them from. Thanks.

Once I installed these my constant fear of prop securing failure went away. You'll love em.
Inspire 1 Folding Props by Heliengadin

i spoke with drone supply today and asked if you could buy individual props or if you had to buy a complete set if you damaged one. i was told i was the first to ask the question, but they could break a set up into sets of 2ea which makes sense. i also asked if the prop guards could be purchased seperately. at this time the answer is no, but they will ask their distributor if they can get replacement guards. she said it should not be a problem.

Hi all, I should have chimed in here earlier but I thought all the questions were answered clearly. And then the conversation talks about CF folding props for both the Inspire 1 V1 and Inspire 2 V2 plus the Inspire 2 and it is all great conversation!

The Inspire 1 folding props (Heliengadin) will fit the Inspire 1 V1 or V2. We will sell a half set, enough props to fit 1 CCW and 1 CW motor or a full set, enough props to fit all 4 motors.

We sell 2 types of CF folding props fro the Inspire 2, the original Heliengadin props and the new T-Motor Winglet props that we had designed to fit the I2 without the use of the adapter. If you were to try to buy the T-Motor Winglet props direct from T-Motor you would find that they will not fit the I2. T-motor uses a different hole spacing than DJI does.

If you have more specific questions please ask.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee