Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Folding props from FDS

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that while I'm out shooting on a show with a very hectic schedule and a lot of setups, my folding props from Florida drone supply have absolutely saved my life. I'm shooting Top Gear America and for the past two weeks we've been on shoot days where I have to four-wheel drive across extremely rough terrain, stop and pull everything out, set up as quickly as possible and get in the air, grab the shot, put it all back all the way into the cases and then travel over more rough terrain to the next shot over and over again all day long. Everything has to be packed all the way down because the terrain is so rough, so that extra 30 seconds on each end of setup and break down because all I have to do is fold my props, really makes a big difference at the end of the day. Thanks Florida drone supply!

I’ve been flying the folding Tmotor CF winglet props that I bought from FDS for 2 years and I really like them. Previously I used Koptermax props but the Tmotor’s are much better IMHO.

Reactions: rpossum
Hey so I just picked up a set of t props as well. It was an impulse buy and I have heard different reviews as to how they perform. Would you say that owning them is more of a convenience thing versus a performance issue? I guess I am trying to justify the expense. It’s not that I cannot afford the props, but I’m a sensible person and I don’t use the my I2 often since it’s more for recreational use versus people who use it for work and will realize some ROI. Btw, did you have to use loctite to secure them once in place and was it hell removing the originals? I have read different things on this subject. Thanks for any advice and enjoy your new props

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Hey so I just picked up a set of t props as well. It was an impulse buy and I have heard different reviews as to how they perform. Would you say that owning them is more of a convenience thing versus a performance issue? I guess I am trying to justify the expense. It’s not that I cannot afford the props, but I’m a sensible person and I don’t use the my I2 often since it’s more for recreational use versus people who use it for work and will realize some ROI. Btw, did you have to use loctite to secure them once in place and was it hell removing the originals? I have read different things on this subject. Thanks for any advice and enjoy your new props
So I purchased them for both convenience and performance. They make getting up in the air much faster than the stock props and I’ve actually timed them several times and I get approximately one minute of flight time more with the Tmotor.
To remove the stock props I used a heat gun because DJI used loctite on the threads of the mounting bolts. BE VERY CAREFUL that you don’t strip them!! There’s some tutorials on YouTube about removal and installation.
And I used blue loctite when I mounted the Tmotors.

So I purchased them for both convenience and performance. They make getting up in the air much faster than the stock props and I’ve actually timed them several times and I get approximately one minute of flight time more with the Tmotor.
To remove the stock props I used a heat gun because DJI used loctite on the threads of the mounting bolts. BE VERY CAREFUL that you don’t strip them!! There’s some tutorials on YouTube about removal and installation.
And I used blue loctite when I mounted the Tmotors.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I guess I have to weigh my decision and see if they are worth keeping for the amount of flight time my I2 gets. I live in a place with a lot of bases so it is a challenge to find open areas.

I had a HELLUVA time with the install, but it was my fault for not properly heating everything up before tackling it. Heat up and you'll be fine... and be careful not to over-tighten ... those screws were born to strip.
That said, I 100% would not be able to do this Top Gear gig without these folding props. Most days it's, drive to a spot, set up FAST and get in the air, then while I'm still flying back to the truck after cut, crew is all moving to the next spot. I land, jam it in the landing mode case if we're in rough terrain (often) or sit it on top of the case in the vehicle if the roads are smooth... drive to the next spot... jump out and set up while the AD is already on the radio with, "is drone up yet?"
These things are a life saver. that 30 seconds on each end, plus saving the wear and tear of installing and uninstalling props each time is a must for this kind of gig.
Also, had an unfortunate flight into a hillside the other day... was on a long lens I'm not usually on and misjudged position as I was flying backwards full speed while getting a great shot. Suddenly screen said, "Drone Disconnected... Returning to Home"... never came home
Drone was HIGH up the mountain in Cinder Hills... had crashed straight into the lava gravel at full speed.
Only damage was a slightly cracked leg and minor prop damage (plus my ego)... 100% attributed to the fact that those props are tough as hell and they also fold up to absorb an impact like that.
Was able to keep flying on those same props no problem. (I have ordered some new ones and will retire those to "backup" status, but still, they saved my ***)
Can't recommend them enough

I had a HELLUVA time with the install, but it was my fault for not properly heating everything up before tackling it. Heat up and you'll be fine... and be careful not to over-tighten ... those screws were born to strip.
That said, I 100% would not be able to do this Top Gear gig without these folding props. Most days it's, drive to a spot, set up FAST and get in the air, then while I'm still flying back to the truck after cut, crew is all moving to the next spot. I land, jam it in the landing mode case if we're in rough terrain (often) or sit it on top of the case in the vehicle if the roads are smooth... drive to the next spot... jump out and set up while the AD is already on the radio with, "is drone up yet?"
These things are a life saver. that 30 seconds on each end, plus saving the wear and tear of installing and uninstalling props each time is a must for this kind of gig.
Also, had an unfortunate flight into a hillside the other day... was on a long lens I'm not usually on and misjudged position as I was flying backwards full speed while getting a great shot. Suddenly screen said, "Drone Disconnected... Returning to Home"... never came home
Drone was HIGH up the mountain in Cinder Hills... had crashed straight into the lava gravel at full speed.
Only damage was a slightly cracked leg and minor prop damage (plus my ego)... 100% attributed to the fact that those props are tough as hell and they also fold up to absorb an impact like that.
Was able to keep flying on those same props no problem. (I have ordered some new ones and will retire those to "backup" status, but still, they saved my ***)
Wow! Amazing props indeed! Well I did return them for that reason. I could just see myself damaging a set of $200 plus dollar props. I’m just a hobbyist and the only ROI is pleasure. You get your money back since you use it for work. So I sent them back still sealed but, if I cannot find a decent set in nice preowned condition (minor scuffing and no breaks) on here or evilbay I might have to buy them again from FDS. LOFL! I’m so indecisive. Glad it has proven to be a good investment for your trade. Have fun!

Reactions: mmarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207