Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Found a submerged vehicle

Reaction score
Finally got my I2 and X5S and was out testing everything the other day. When I got back home and was reviewing my video footage I noticed what looked to be a submerged vehicle. I went back later with my mavic 2 pro and took some video. yep, definitely a submerged van or SUV. I contacted the sheriffs office and they passed it on to the Highway Patrol. I have a feeling they already knew about this, I haven't heard back from them.
Submerged Car.jpg DJI_0003-1.JPG

That’s cool. Hope you enjoy the Inspire 2. Let us know how it compares to the Mavic. I have an Inspire 1 and a Mavic Air. I definitely like the inspire better in every respect but the Air fits in my Harley bagger ... LOL. Air is still a really great drone but the Inspire really makes my heart rush.

That’s cool. Hope you enjoy the Inspire 2. Let us know how it compares to the Mavic. I have an Inspire 1 and a Mavic Air. I definitely like the inspire better in every respect but the Air fits in my Harley bagger ... LOL. Air is still a really great drone but the Inspire really makes my heart rush.
Same here , Inspire 1 pro and an Air for the Harley and boat . Amazing little drone !

The I2 is a beast and the camera is obviously better if only because you can change lens's. It also has spotlight pro which is an advantage as well. My M2P is my "go to" drone still and if I had the Mavic Air i'm sure that would be my hands down favorite. Portability and quick setup wins out when its just shooting for fun.

Creepy. But I'm not so sure highway patrol would know about it. If they did, it would have to be removed (either by owner, or by city/town). I don't think they just leave cars in the water like that.

It looks to me like someone came out of that side road and didn't realize it ended and went right into the water.

Reactions: SanCap
Creepy. But I'm not so sure highway patrol would know about it. If they did, it would have to be removed (either by owner, or by city/town). I don't think they just leave cars in the water like that.

It looks to me like someone came out of that side road and didn't realize it ended and went right into the water.

Agreed, there are always environmental impacts of leaving it in the water.

Agreed but I think it may take a week or two before they get around to removing it. Plus there was a strange arrow on the pavement pointing to it that was made from the residue of road flares, that's why I suspect they may already know about it. The road in line with the car is a corn field and it sets much lower because i'm actually on a levy. It doesn't look like he could have got up enough speed to launch that far not to mention he would have had to do it in reverse because the cars front is towards the road. Its most likely it floated for a short time and that's how it got to the position its in.

Finally got my I2 and X5S and was out testing everything the other day. When I got back home and was reviewing my video footage I noticed what looked to be a submerged vehicle. I went back later with my mavic 2 pro and took some video. yep, definitely a submerged van or SUV. I contacted the sheriffs office and they passed it on to the Highway Patrol. I have a feeling they already knew about this, I haven't heard back from them.
View attachment 26177 View attachment 26176
Just wondering, what state is this?
Living along the Sacramento river for years, tall levee road, people would go missing for weeks and authorities would give up.
Sometimes found by dedicated family walking on foot to find tracks in the brush.

I live in Stockton, Its on the California Delta.
Oh crap!
That's the water I'm talking about.
They usually get them out asap.
Being Cali, pollutants get removed asap.
What Slough is that?
I'd at least call CHP and let them know.
Also looks to me like he failed to make a slight turn at the road.
He got some good distance too.

Yeah, I've been through there many times (by boat).
Have you thought about emailing a pic to the local sheriff?

Doecliff,

Did you ever hear any more about this submerged vehicle?

You have a good eye to have spotted the submerged vehicle when you were not looking for it.

I think that I found the area on google maps... ?

Near Stockton, California

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44