Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fpv camera horizon ?

Reaction score
IMG_3427.JPG
I loose always the horizon level with fpv camera on the ground and during flights.

Have you same problem ?

I respond to myself. If your fpv camera is not straight you need to calibrate it in Assistant 2. But to see the FPV CAMERA CALIBRATION TOOL in Assistant2 you need to contact DJI LOCAL SERVICES for that with your DJI NAME ACCOUNT. They will change Assistant2 remotely to show you the tool.

this is so bizzare, so i need to contact DJI and let them know the gimbal is off center, then they enable the re-calibration capabilities?

Why does it have to be such a backdoor access request. I wonder if DJI has changed things since then to show the fpv menu. Will update once I play around with the assistant tonight since my camera is also tilted, works well if i tilt the aircraft. Even had an issue with the seller for the camera thinking it was a camera issue.

Update: Just spoke with DJI support, there is no hidden feature in DJI assistant 2 that can be enabled to allow calibration of the FPV. Therefore it must either be a fpv camera issue or aircraft issue.

I'm waiting for a local camera to arrive for my craft, if that one is showing the same
symptoms, either I'm doing something wrong, or DJI needs to do some magic calibration.

See pic of my fpv angle (not the camera does move, pan, tilt as required). The angle is just forcing it to stay at 45deg..
IMG_6416.jpg

Last edited:
how did you get that menu ? Did you plug in with usb - usb cable or into the micro usb on the controller ? My DJI assistant 2 menu does not show up with all of those options on the side.

I enter in debug mode but I don’t know if your Assistant’s version can do it. Mine is very old (2017).
You need to do some search about hack inspire 2.

OMG OMG JUST FOUND IT ... you are a genius inspire 2... my FPV Is fixed.... worked like a charm.

Not sure if im allowed to post the files on here but i found them online.

Be very CAREFUL with ALL menus, it’s all inspire’s parameters....don’t modify unless you are very sure what you do.

Last edited:
OMG OMG JUST FOUND IT ... you are a genius inspire 2... my FPV Is fixed.... worked like a charm.

Not sure if im allowed to post the files on here but i found them online.
Now you have first hand experience that DJI support have no clue what they are talking about so don't even waste your time.
They are simply call centre personell who work off a script that begins with "Have you tried an IMU and compass calibration"? and ends with "You will have to send it in for service".
That is the full extent if their 'expertise'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry