Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FPV on Inspire 1

Hi guys, has any one ever sorted out a decent FPV set up for the inspire1? No one seems to sell kits, is there a go pro option or something similar?
Have you actually tried Google?

There are a plethora of options and kits available from a multitude of retailers.

example:

or seeing as you are UK based:

There are also numerous threads already on the subject.

Like this one:

Moved to Inspire 1 section

Hi guys, has any one ever sorted out a decent FPV set up for the inspire1? No one seems to sell kits, is there a go pro option or something similar?
The guys at Drones Plus Dallas have a kit for that.

Have you actually tried Google?

There are a plethora of options and kits available from a multitude of retailers.

example:

or seeing as you are UK based:

There are also numerous threads already on the subject.

Like this one:

Moved to Inspire 1 section
Well the Heliguy link is from 2015 and they don’t have any thing in stock. But thanks for the helpful google tip

I've been using FatShark Dominator V3 goggles for years with great success. I love them and use them pretty much every time I fly my Inspire 1.

I'm far sighted so I have to use 1.50 cheaters to read. This slight vision impairment was a complete and utter deal-breaker for the poorly-engineered DJI OcuSuck™ goggles. The OcuSuck™ goggles were completely useless without cheaters. If you need cheaters to read, you have to wear cheaters to use the OcuSuck™ goggles. Ridiculous. Not so for the FatShark goggles, which utilize a completely different type of optic to bring the image to your eye. I can wear them all day without cheaters or readers.

Because the Inspire 1 controllers have an HDMI output, I can use the HDMI port on the FatShark goggles. This insures that I never have to worry about a third radio signal causing interference with the DJI radio signals or creating another point of failure. In a nutshell, it's a perfect set up. The FatShark goggles are well-engineered, durable, robust and worth every penny I paid for them.

As an added bonus, because the FatShark goggles also receive telemetry data, I don't need an iPad to fly. Should something go wrong with my iPad for any reason, I can still "get by" with my FatSharks.

D

PS: If anyone typos "googles" for "goggles," I will ignore your questions, comments and queries....<:^0

Last edited:
Reactions: Sangermike
I got the DSLR Pros kit and ordered the Black Pearl RC 801 separately. Only used it once so far... found the range to be VERY short and lots of static... I may need to adjust some settings I suppose, but, for instance, when shooting from a position about 100 yards away from the Inspire, if we went behind a tree, I got 90% static.
I'm going to do some clear line of sight testing and will report back.
Also, battery life on the Black Pearl is pretty short. You'll need at least 1 extra battery if you're doing any sessions over an hour

I got the DSLR Pros kit and ordered the Black Pearl RC 801 separately. Only used it once so far... found the range to be VERY short and lots of static... I may need to adjust some settings I suppose, but, for instance, when shooting from a position about 100 yards away from the Inspire, if we went behind a tree, I got 90% static.
I'm going to do some clear line of sight testing and will report back.
Also, battery life on the Black Pearl is pretty short. You'll need at least 1 extra battery if you're doing any sessions over an hour
5,8 frequency is wery suseptible for "behind something" situations. But for my from times with my Phantom2 which i own to this day and fly this is wery reliable solution.

First thing You must be absolutelly sure about frequency set on monitor and transmitter, i have a situation that i set frequency in house and see everything on monitor in close range but just putting a hand in line between two antennas produces static and on such close range this shouldnt happen.

Second thing antennas. Decent cloverleaf or pagoda makes al the difference and if You have some directional on second port of Black Pearl You can easili ged distance over 1 km with ease.

And third thing about the battery it really is small 3cell lipo inside Blackpearl but You have cables provided with monitor to charge or use external battery i use it all the time battery in my pocket connected to monitor.

I have been flying DJI FPV on an FPV drone lately and it's AMAZING.
However, I don't think there is a way to get the video out to a screen, so you'd have to be under goggles as far as I know

I've been using FatShark Dominator V3 goggles for years with great success. I love them and use them pretty much every time I fly my Inspire 1.

I'm far sighted so I have to use 1.50 cheaters to read. This slight vision impairment was a complete and utter deal-breaker for the poorly-engineered DJI OcuSuck™ goggles. The OcuSuck™ goggles were completely useless without cheaters. If you need cheaters to read, you have to wear cheaters to use the OcuSuck™ goggles. Ridiculous. Not so for the FatShark goggles, which utilize a completely different type of optic to bring the image to your eye. I can wear them all day without cheaters or readers.

Before I turned 40, I had LASIK surgery to correct my vision. Post procedure I was seeing at 20/15 in both eyes. now I'm 48 and things have changed a bit. I still see distant objects perfectly, but I also need cheaters to see up close. I bought a pair of what you so lovingly refer to as "OcuSuck" goggles and found these:

They snap directly onto each goggle lens easily, and are easily removed. I don't have to carry or wear cheaters to use the goggles to fly and they were well worth the 50 bucks I paid. The Fat Sharks don't have anywhere near the image quality of the "OcuSuck" goggles IMO and these are the fix. The only thing I don't like about the DJI goggles is that they make you look like you're wearing a toilet seat on your head. :)

I have been flying DJI FPV on an FPV drone lately and it's AMAZING.
However, I don't think there is a way to get the video out to a screen, so you'd have to be under goggles as far as I know

i'm interested in seeing how you setup and powered the dji hd system. we currently have just a fpv system similar to what my son runs on all his freestyle 5" quads. self powered box with tbs unify VTX and tbs antenna , runcam camera with 2.5 lense and fatshark battery to power. he has FatShark HDO2 oled goggles already for his other quads so it made sense. But if the DJI HD system lends itself to better range it may be the way to go.

i'm interested in seeing how you setup and powered the dji hd system. we currently have just a fpv system similar to what my son runs on all his freestyle 5" quads. self powered box with tbs unify VTX and tbs antenna , runcam camera with 2.5 lense and fatshark battery to power. he has FatShark HDO2 oled goggles already for his other quads so it made sense. But if the DJI HD system lends itself to better range it may be the way to go.
I'm running the DJI FPV system in a BangGod from Catalyst Machine Works... it came prebuilt so I'm honestly not sure how it's powered exactly. The whole thing runs on a 6S 1550mah lipo, but that goes through some capacitors and boards on the way in. Not exactly sure how you'd connect it in an Inspire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin