Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

Hi Editor.
I cant see any post here about the problem of the dynamic home point not able to be set to the Rc .
I have done many test today away from any interference...buildings...cell phones etc etc.
1....The home point is set when the Inspire is started...then the home point wanders all around the place...quite some distance from the model.
2....If I move the Inspire to another point say 20 meters away....rest the home point on the Android app ...to the model....it seems to be more accurate.
You need to look carefully at the map screen in the app to see this happen....not just go fly......your home point could be 50 meters away.
3...try now to set the home point to the rc/pilot on the app.....repeated "poor signal errors....nothing around me...removed the tablet off the cradle so the tab is not blocking the gps on the rc transmitter ...still poor signal.
I run all the current updated firmware...installed without any problems...bird...batt's...rc....and Samsung Tab S.
Tech support said move to another location....???? how many times???? it still reports poor signal.
I have refused to put this bird in the air again until it is safe to fly and return to home successfully.
I am open to being told .....I am wrong...if I am actually wrong.
Ed.....I would appreciate your comments.
Hi Pete,
Already on the list - see my post 7 posts up with bullet points :)
Blade Strike is already on the case.
Thanks.

Reactions: lrh111
Very happy with upgrade but since upgrading to v1.2.1 I am unable to set RTH to RC position. I get "Warning Weak RC GPS Signal, cannot acquire location info". Battery full, app IOS 1.0.3, in same open field as before the upgrade. Tried several locations - same problem. Inspire GPS 5 bars and stable i.e. no drop outs. Any ideas?

Just wanted to reiterate that I had this problem today also.
Flying In my neighborhood.. walked up the street 2/10ths of a mile and tried to set RTH to RC position and received the same error.

A few other notes.. .
It seems that the speed of the inspire is the same in ATTI & GPS which it was not before. A quick flip of the ATTI/GPS switch at full throttle did not change the pitch of the copter any, at least that I could see. Not a problem just different than previous. I actually have been flying the phantom more recently and going back to this thing... GOOD LORD ITS A BEAST!! Throttle up and it shoots off like a freaking rocket...

I also let the battery run down to critical level and the ipad came up with a warning dialog saying that in XX seconds RTH would be activated yadda yadda and in that dialog it displayed an OK and cancel button. While I cannot confirm this 100% I don't think it did this before but in all honesty the only RTH I experienced previously was the smart RTH when it was far enough away and only had enough battery to return the distance home so RTH activated. When it did that I did not have a chance to cancel, it just went into RTH and off it went.... Luckily I was able to cancel the RTH wit the "set RTH to rc position" which is why i wanted to reiterate the bug above.

Jamie

Reactions: Andreas
Just wanted to reiterate that I had this problem today also.
Flying In my neighborhood.. walked up the street 2/10ths of a mile and tried to set RTH to RC position and received the same error.
I also let the battery run down to critical level and the ipad came up with a warning dialog saying that in XX seconds RTH would be activated yadda yadda and in that dialog it displayed an OK and cancel button. While I cannot confirm this 100% I don't think it did this before but in all honesty the only RTH I experienced previously was the smart RTH when it was far enough away and only had enough battery to return the distance home so RTH activated. When it did that I did not have a chance to cancel, it just went into RTH and off it went.... Luckily I was able to cancel the RTH wit the "set RTH to rc position" which is why i wanted to reiterate the bug above.

Jamie

Hi there, I want to emphasize on the importance of this issue to be resolved: set RTH to RC.

Hadn't got the chance to test the previous firmware as I upgraded immediately before my first flight. After testing the set home to RC in various open areas with strong GPS with no luck I assumed it was my iPad Air 2 (WiFi only) fault that have no GPS on it. But after I tried Samsung Galaxy S4, which I'm using to fly my Phantom 2 Vision and double check the manual saying that the GPS module is located at the back of the RC, thus not depended on a GPS phone/tablet, I started thinking that it might be a bug.

You people confirmed my suspicions, please fix this as it limits our possibilities in flying over sea and moving while flying. Simply putting it, this bug defeats the purpose.

I also have to express my overall appreciation on the work of the guys in DJI have put together to produce this great machine. I can't wait to dare more and do some nice shootings here in Naxos Greece, despite the winds in the Aegean, this beast seems to handle them very well.

Have fun, fly safe...

OK, thanks guys.
The problem setting dynamic home point is a known issue with DJI. We have had sufficient confirmation on this so no need to post any further reports about it. It is being looked at.

New bugs only from now on please.

I am not trying to be the forum dictator, just attempting to keep this thread as clean as possible to gather info on new bugs if they are discovered.

See my post #30 on this thread with bullet points that highlight known issues.

Thanks for your help and cooperation guys.

Last edited:
After the firmware update, all 4 of my batteries (2xTB47 and 2xTB48) showed that they needed a complete power cycle discharged down to 5% or less. I assumed this message would go away after I followed the directions and flew the batteries down to 5%, but they all still show this message under the Aircraft Status>Overall status. Has anyone else seen this?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429750061.667575.jpg

well, looks like 2 major issues right now with latest firmware update 1.2 :mad:

1. When pitch the drone left and right the gimbal will roll aggressively also making the shot useless and not level with horizon. This happens in FPV mode only. Gimbal Roll Issue

2. When you yaw aircraft in any direction the camera gimbal will also yaw/pan a few degrees in both directions, not good for low level flight where you notice the movement! This only happens in follow mode.

These bugs need to be fixed immediately and have just started after latest firmware update on 17/04 1.2. Pretty **** annoyed to say the least!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2558-04-23 at 8.50.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2558-04-23 at 8.50.27 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 19
well, looks like 2 major issues right now with latest firmware update 1.2 :mad:

1. When pitch the drone left and right the gimbal will roll aggressively also making the shot useless and not level with horizon. This happens in FPV mode only. Gimbal Roll Issue

2. When you yaw aircraft in any direction the camera gimbal will also yaw/pan a few degrees in both directions, not good for low level flight where you notice the movement! This only happens in follow mode.

These bugs need to be fixed immediately and have just started after latest firmware update on 17/04 1.2. Pretty **** annoyed to say the least!!!
Thank you Oman, in answer to your statements in the same order:

1: Correct - that's exactly what it is designed to do. That is precisely what FPV mode is for!
Your attached screenshot although lacking in focus, shows the FPV mode performing beautifully as it has done with all firmware versions to date. Your link to a YouTube video entitled Gimbal Roll issue is unrelated to the latest firmware since it was posted over a month before the current firmware release and prior to beta testing public roll out.
2: Correct - this has been a feature since the release firmware and is not a bug. The yaw with stick input shifts the dead band a few degrees in either direction anticipating craft movement in the same direction. It has been designed that way and has been there since inception. It does not affect a shot in any way.

Neither of your two statements are bugs, but features so they will not be addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
After the firmware update, all 4 of my batteries (2xTB47 and 2xTB48) showed that they needed a complete power cycle discharged down to 5% or less. I assumed this message would go away after I followed the directions and flew the batteries down to 5%, but they all still show this message under the Aircraft Status>Overall status. Has anyone else seen this?View attachment 1295
Not a bug - take your batteries down BELOW 5%, in fact until they can't be turned on. Then charge them fully. The message will then go away.

Is this a bug:- on my c1 button, if I set it to "gimbal/pitch yaw" when I move the camera 90 degrees down and move the camera 180 degrees so its facing to the back of the inspire and press the c1 button the camera spins to the front, which is correct but it is still facing downwards, is this correct? I would have thought it should move up so you could see where it's going. If I've not activated anything then any assistance would be great full.

Not a bug - take your batteries down BELOW 5%, in fact until they can't be turned on. Then charge them fully. The message will then go away.
Thanks, I will try that. It would be nice if the message said "Please discharge your batteries until they can't be turned on."

Is this a bug:- on my c1 button, if I set it to "gimbal/pitch yaw" when I move the camera 90 degrees down and move the camera 180 degrees so its facing to the back of the inspire and press the c1 button the camera spins to the front, which is correct but it is still facing downwards, is this correct? I would have thought it should move up so you could see where it's going. If I've not activated anything then any assistance would be great full.
Gray, I agree that it should work as you proposed -> "on C1 press, camera view moves to forward facing on X&Y axis'". Mine is the same as yours though and has been since even before this firmware update. Only the X axis is moved forward facing.. any Y direction remains constant. I would agree that this is not a bug but certainly should be considered for future enhancement.

Perhaps this needs addressing, as I'm sure It's always been like this from new, thought a firmware update would have sorted it. Can others please check and post this to be sorted in future firmware updates. If dji don't know then they cannot address it. I'm sure when they do it will be sorted:)

After the firmware update, all 4 of my batteries (2xTB47 and 2xTB48) showed that they needed a complete power cycle discharged down to 5% or less. I assumed this message would go away after I followed the directions and flew the batteries down to 5%, but they all still show this message under the Aircraft Status>Overall status. Has anyone else seen this?View attachment 1295
Run the craft to 0% , hovering an inch off the ground. The app will try to land it, but just force the throttle up until the motors just shut off. Cool the batts, and then fully charge... Worked for me anyways, and I no longer get the alert.

Ok out flying today during one flight a message came up in red "MC DATA LOSS" or similar, suggested I restart A/C, so landed and did just that, nothing further or on the 4 flights after that.

Ok out flying today during one flight a message came up in red "MC DATA LOSS" or similar, suggested I restart A/C, so landed and did just that, nothing further or on the 4 flights after that.
Not a bug - this is a message you will see when the flight log is full.

A reboot will sort it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac