Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal/Camera vibration in my Inspire 1 help!!

Reaction score
Hi Inspire Pilots community!!

First of all I would like to thank all of the community and developers for all the accessible and super valuable information that I have been able to find and use in this forums, it has been a really important feed back in my very short journey as an Inspire 1 and drone operator...

So finally I'm in the position in which I need help: Yesterday I noticed an important vibration on the shoots made with my bird (see actual footage attached) so I started reading all the forums related to vibrations but I feel my case is different. After a few test flights I noticed that I have no vibration AT ALL in the landing gear or the rest of the unit, the problem seems to only be in the gimbal/camera. Could there be some kind of maintenance that can be done to correct this? or is this a send to DJI to repair the gimbal case? I hope not because sending Costa Rica is will be a pain...

My only incident (So far) was a (not that hard) "hard landing" (see video attached) this is what happened: I was flying in a small cliff overlooking the ocean and I knew about some wind that day after mid day so I was there earlier, after pushing my limits and flying really high (for me) 170m and discover the amazing view I decided to land and wrap for that day.... but it was't as easy!! while getting closer to the ground the wind started to blow and blow (see the trees and plants in the video) so the I1 wasn't coming home to the landing position, it was going to the water!!!. After attempting to fly against the wind to come home and (no movement happen just like if you were flying in the simulator with max wind) I decided to go under the cliff and try to land side ways in the border of the cliff.... Now im concern that this minor incident (that taught me a lot) could be the reason for of the vibration and the gimbal malfunction. What do you think?

Note: I can't notice the vibration on the live-feed only in the playback in the computer.

Vibration example:

Hard Land?

Vibration
Try cleaning and balancing your props also make sure all four flexible gimbal mounts are fully seated, you might have dislodged one during the hard land.
Its also worth making sure the two ribbon cables feeding the gimbal and camera are also fully seated.

Vibration
Try cleaning and balancing your props also make sure all four flexible gimbal mounts are fully seated, you might have dislodged one during the hard land.
Its also worth making sure the two ribbon cables feeding the gimbal and camera are also fully seated.
Gracias Aviator!!
I just order my props balancer! it will probably get here in 2 or 3 weeks..... the gimbal mounts looks fine... but how deep in them should I go? It all seams loose but in position... but I guess it should be like that???
Thank you so much for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08