Gimbal Disconnected Msg

Reaction score
New Inspire 2 owner here.

I charged everything up, during the first power up it came up with a new firmware update. I went ahead completed All the updates without any issues while sipping a glass of wine. All of the batteries have been updated as well. Calibrated the compass and the IMU.
Everything seems fine, except that under Gimbal Status i am seeing "Gimbal Disconnected" error message. I have full control of the Gimbal, it tilts up and down with full video feed, no issues with the fpv either. Because it was already too late last night I did not have time to take her for a spin.
What's odd is that everything works, it just the error message for the gimbal status.

Did I miss something during the setup?.

Assuming the camera is functioning I would suggest you try it in the Assistant 2 by doing a factory reset and then update.

I thought about the camera not working last night, however I have full video feed from the X4S and full control of the movement. The only one thing I did not try was record video or pictures. I am going to fiddle with it a little more this afternoon.
I am going to try to run Assistant 2 then update.

I will update this thread

Something else is wrong. I powered up the I2 and now I am seeing "Unknown error (code: 124). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support - see screen shot below.

I am going to try to do the fw upgrade using Assistant 2, the question is how do I connect the Inspire to my computer?. All I see is a USB port. If I connect a cable to it the other of the cable does not match any ports in my computer.

You have to use the white A to A USB plug that was supplied with your Inspire 2. Be sure to move the little button down where you plug the A USB into the Inspire.

Reactions: SanCap
Found the white USB A to A plug. The Assistant 2 recognizes the I2, I am doing a factory reset and refreshing the firmware.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Everything seems okay now. All the error messages went away, including gimbal disconnected, after I reset the AC to factory and re-installed the firmware using the provided white USB cable.

I am ready to fly, I will take her for a spin today.

I appreciate the quick responses, What a service!. More reasons to buy from Florida Drone Supply and not direct.!

Reactions: mpaerial

Glad it worked out for you, now go fly!

Jim @ FDS

Reactions: SanCap
Thank you Florida Drone Supply for your quick responses.

All I had to do was a factory reset and an update using the Assistant 2. All error messages including the "Gimbal Disconnected" went away. I flew over the weekend and she flies like a charm, what a beauty. Funny thing is that when I first completed the first fw update using the DJI GO App I got a message that the process competed successfully, oh well.

I will let you guys know when I am ready to move up to the X5S, I just need to do a few commercial jobs.

Thank you All,

I have seen the message once or twice. Turned off I2, removed gimbal and then put it back on. Has worked twice successfully when then restarting

I have seen the message once or twice. Turned off I2, removed gimbal and then put it back on. Has worked twice successfully when then restarting

I did that, but did not work. I turned off I2 removed the gimbal, re-installed it to no avail. That was one of the error messages I was getting. I had another error which led me to believe I had bigger problems than the gimbal message - "Unknown error (code: 124). Cannot take off. Contact DJI Support." - see below.

It all went away by connecting the I2 directly to my Mac with the provided white USB. Performed a factory reset with Assistant 2 and updated everything.

Hello to all,

For the past two weeks I have been experimenting with Litchi app for my Inspire 1.

Yesterday I decided to do a compass calibration with the DJI Go app. I noticed the gimbal disconnected message.

I flew 3 missions with each the Litchi app and the Go app. All pictures and video with both apps are fine.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, the go app is 3.1.18.

This morning this morning I hooked up my old Galaxy S5 cell phone to my camera remote. It was on version 3.1.11.
Gimbal status on the cell phone was "Normal". I updated the S5 to go app version 3.1.18.

Gimbal status on both the S5 and the S2 tablet now show the Disconnected issue.

It's raining today and I had no one to help me fly using the second remote however, the second remote works perfectly and the camera is controlled perfectly indoors.

I plan on mounting the X3 on my osmo handle to see if there's a disconnected on the Osmo.

Perhaps this is simply an app issue.

I will report back when I get it on the Osmo.

Vinny