Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal heat shutdown

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamtimeentertainment.com
I live in Florida and it's been warm here even in the winter. I had the I1 case in the SUV this morning and it got warm, probably around 90 in the car. When I set up Inspire one, I got no video feed in the app and the Card status showed card error or no card detected. The gimbal pan and tilt were working as confirmed visually. I checked and rechecked proper mounting on the gimbal and all was well. I suspected it might be an operating temp issue. I took the unit inside where it was 77 degrees f and waited an hour. This time the gimbal and camera fired up and the feed was normal.

I am a new inspire pilot so this may be a known condition. Of course I was seriously worried when a brand new UAV camera was not working when it worked the day before.

Thanks,
Beatnik

Mine has done this once before but it wasn't a temperature related issue. I just took the camera off and put it on again, all good.

Tried that three times outside - same thing. But fired up first time inside when it cooled. So I was just thinking maybe there was a correlation. I have about 8 flights on it now. First time I observed that problem. Although I did have a camera feed disconnect for about 10 secs with the I1 about 30 feet away. It came back and continues to work fine, but I think record stopped. Latest firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian