Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Mode Indicator! Pan or Tilt mode?

Reaction score
I've tried, honest, but cannot find anything on this subject. I have C1 on the Inspire 1 controller to toggle between pan and tilt. But I want to know what position the gimbal is visually to avoide extraneous 'clips' because gimbal was in incorrect mode. Is this indication somewhere on the Go app? I've searched high and low to no avail. Of course the reason is simple and critical to know when taking videos and/or photo captures. Have I missed something in the search both on Google and this site; is there some strange little indicator on the Go app that indeed tells if gimbal is in pan or tilt mode?

I've tried, honest, but cannot find anything on this subject. I have C1 on the Inspire 1 controller to toggle between pan and tilt. But I want to know what position the gimbal is visually to avoide extraneous 'clips' because gimbal was in incorrect mode. Is this indication somewhere on the Go app? I've searched high and low to no avail. Of course the reason is simple and critical to know when taking videos and/or photo captures. Have I missed something in the search both on Google and this site; is there some strange little indicator on the Go app that indeed tells if gimbal is in pan or tilt mode?
What he said ^^^^°
A huge oversight by DJI and it has been requested many times.
It would be so simple to code and add to the app but they just have never listened.
Have a look at my comment back here in 2016. Flight Data
I was asking for it then...... I'm still waiting. :mad:

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks, almost three years of course and a down-level app certainly doesn't give it much (any) hope. Wonder if any of the membership have tried anything? Even a simple, mechanical 'toggle switch' showing a position would be acceptable. Or, a visual tab that can be 'moved' (should one remember). Ah well, thanks for the quick reply.

At the risk of being dense, how would that help? I was thinking of a non-functional toggle switch, up tilt, down, pan, but I'd still have to remember to move switch to show last mode I was in. Or, can just fly the Inspire like my phantom and use the craft to point the camera and only use tilt. LOL, or take care of all the bad in the video editor. LOL

You could use a piece of tape? top of the controller for tilt and bottom for pan.
My lengthy reply was because I wasn't sure of what you really meant. As I think about it I presume you are moving tape and its position on the controller is some pre-arranged/memorized, or even labeled, position for PAN or TILT. Sorry for being dense. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin