Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Roll with X5S

Reaction score
I've got a really frustrating gimbal roll going on with my X5S that I just can't seem to find a solution for. Check out the video here. In this video I'm yawing the drone right and left and the gimbal just won't stop rolling like this and in high winds it gets much worse. Makes our shots useless. We've troubleshooted the issue in so many ways including compass/imu/gimbal calibrations, latest firmware on all gear - has anyone seen this before? We also had another issue with our X5s which was that half the time we powered on the Inspire 2, the X5s wouldn't receive any power but we got camera feed still. So about 5 months ago we sent our Inspire 2 and x5s to DJI but they didn't fix the issue, they only changed the vibration absorber board which did nothing and then the DJI authorized service center we were dealing with exchanged our camera for a new one when we showed them that our X5s didn't fire up normally on our drone but worked no problem on another I2. (There was months of back and forth to even get to this point and for a while we were just left completely hanging with no one responding to our calls and emails). So finally when we got the new camera we thought the issues would be fixed and sure enough the X5s powered up like normal but the camera still has this f*ing gimbal roll. Our Inspire 2 has been rendered useless the past 6 months because DJI can't figure out what's going on and there's been extremely slow communication between the service center and DJI. Before we send the drone to DJI again I'm curious to see if anyone else has seen this and might know of a solution? Any help is really appreciated!!

I've got a really frustrating gimbal roll going on with my X5S that I just can't seem to find a solution for. Check out the video here. In this video I'm yawing the drone right and left and the gimbal just won't stop rolling like this and in high winds it gets much worse. Makes our shots useless. We've troubleshooted the issue in so many ways including compass/imu/gimbal calibrations, latest firmware on all gear - has anyone seen this before? We also had another issue with our X5s which was that half the time we powered on the Inspire 2, the X5s wouldn't receive any power but we got camera feed still. So about 5 months ago we sent our Inspire 2 and x5s to DJI but they didn't fix the issue, they only changed the vibration absorber board which did nothing and then the DJI authorized service center we were dealing with exchanged our camera for a new one when we showed them that our X5s didn't fire up normally on our drone but worked no problem on another I2. (There was months of back and forth to even get to this point and for a while we were just left completely hanging with no one responding to our calls and emails). So finally when we got the new camera we thought the issues would be fixed and sure enough the X5s powered up like normal but the camera still has this f*ing gimbal roll. Our Inspire 2 has been rendered useless the past 6 months because DJI can't figure out what's going on and there's been extremely slow communication between the service center and DJI. Before we send the drone to DJI again I'm curious to see if anyone else has seen this and might know of a solution? Any help is really appreciated!!
I would suggest to perform the IMU calibration again. It needs to be done very carefully and methodically in order to have the desired effect. Firstly the drone should be cold before the calibration, ideally no more than 10C (50F). The drone must be completely motionless in each position during the calibration for about 3 sec. I usually place a 2 heavy books on its legs in sideway position to keep it steady. This is critical. You should not be supporting it with hand as any even the slightest movement will adversely affect the calibration.
I am pretty confident that it will improve your rolling issue.

Maybe try search!......

or....

Moved to X5S section

I would suggest to perform the IMU calibration again. It needs to be done very carefully and methodically in order to have the desired effect. Firstly the drone should be cold before the calibration, ideally no more than 10C (50F). The drone must be completely motionless in each position during the calibration for about 3 sec. I usually place a 2 heavy books on its legs in sideway position to keep it steady. This is critical. You should not be supporting it with hand as any even the slightest movement will adversely affect the calibration.
I’m having this happen to all my footage think the same thing?!

Do you think this will help this roll wobbly issue I’m having with all my X5S footage?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg