Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Glacier climb video

Reaction score
Before you say it, I know this video was recorded on my Phantom. Two reasons for this. One, I don't trust my Inspire enough until its new firmware is released (and proven) and that point brings me to the second which is that a crash on a glacier such as this one would have been un-recoverable. I had the Inspire in my truck but we had to trek about 3 kms in first so that's another reason I used the Phantom, the Inspire is too bulky and heavy for a back-pack trip like this.

You will see a helicopter in one scene of this clip. I kept to a maximum altitude of 200 ft above the ice whereas the helicopters flew at 500 ft.

Anyway, I thought I'd contribute this for you all to see. I hope you enjoy it. I really hope the day of a really reliable Inspire is not far off, it would have been sensational for this type of work.

Awesome. Seriously. What a fantastic way to experience these glaciers. I just watched it full screen on my 26 inch computer and even though my streaming rate wasn't perfect, it was great. Thank you very much for sharing this!

Awesome. Seriously. What a fantastic way to experience these glaciers. I just watched it full screen on my 26 inch computer and even though my streaming rate wasn't perfect, it was great. Thank you very much for sharing this!

My pleasure Bald Eagle. This clip made it onto nationwide news here this evening, slow news day I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips