Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS coordinates from app

Reaction score
Website
www.redletterfilms.com
I lost visual contact while flying in Dawson City, Yukon last week while the Inspire was at about 300' and 1/2 mile away from my over the frozen River. At full throttle I lost visual on the iPad with some sort of video transmission error and crashed into the trees. I could see the drone and myself on the iPad map as I tried to recover it and we eventually did find it about 350' up the riverbank in the snow and trees. It would have been much easier with an actual GPS.

Is there somewhere in the iPad app where I can find the actual GPS coordinates for my Inspire? Do I have to use the "calibrate map coordinates (from Mainland China's)" function or something?

I bought an independent GPS unit I velcro to the unit that I can find via IPhone. I also added two strobe lights to help me see the unit. My eyes are getting old so the strobe helps! They have some really reasonably Priced ones on Amazon and they are bright!

I lost visual contact while flying in Dawson City, Yukon last week while the Inspire was at about 300' and 1/2 mile away from my over the frozen River. At full throttle I lost visual on the iPad with some sort of video transmission error and crashed into the trees. I could see the drone and myself on the iPad map as I tried to recover it and we eventually did find it about 350' up the riverbank in the snow and trees. It would have been much easier with an actual GPS.

Is there somewhere in the iPad app where I can find the actual GPS coordinates for my Inspire? Do I have to use the "calibrate map coordinates (from Mainland China's)" function or something?

Sorry to hear you crashed her mate.
A tracker is what you need. Check this thread out
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thread...accessories-do-you-recommend.2073/#post-21935

I bought an independent GPS unit I velcro to the unit that I can find via IPhone. I also added two strobe lights to help me see the unit. My eyes are getting old so the strobe helps! They have some really reasonably Priced ones on Amazon and they are bright!

Can you give me a name or like to the unit you use?

I think it would be so simple for DJI to revise the app to display the coordinates. Then I could use any handheld GPS to track it to the crash or landing site.

I have it at the office and need to get back with you tomorrow. Got it on Amazon. they have several.

Can you give me a name or like to the unit you use?

I think it would be so simple for DJI to revise the app to display the coordinates. Then I could use any handheld GPS to track it to the crash or landing site.

There are several available and I'm not saying this is the best, just what I purchased after looking at some reviews. Mine is the Trackimo. got it on Amizon.

Your like takes me to the lights. Do you have a link to a tracker? I also think I may paint my inspire fluorescent yellow or orange instead of white!

Amazon Trackimo. Has a year subscription and you can re-up for a month or a year.

Sad, but with a high dollar Inspire, you would think that is one thing that would be on the Pilot program.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry