Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS data with photo

Has anyone figured out how to interpret the data file that is constantly being logged by the Inspire (the one that DJI evaluates after a crash, flyaway, etc)?

I'd like to attach a GoPro in a NADIR view, but need to tag the lat/long to each photo.

Has anyone figured out how to interpret the data file that is constantly being logged by the Inspire (the one that DJI evaluates after a crash, flyaway, etc)?

I'd like to attach a GoPro in a NADIR view, but need to tag the lat/long to each photo.
there is a post in this forum by TheCutter he has an online tool that does that and i think he allows to download the pre-process file in CVS format.

You cant. It's a proprietary file format and is unreadable unless you have the correct software.

So does your statement mean that TheCutter solution means nothing?
Confused.
No - your post asked whether anyone had come up with a way of reading the data file logged by the Inspire. They still haven't.
Cutters app interprets the data written by the app. Two completely different things.

Is not TheCutter an interpreter of that data?
Are we talking full disclosure verse access to some information?

I basically just need the gps data. I am using my inspire to gather images for ortho mosaics. To generate the images that I need, I have to fly in NADIR (camera pointed straight down). The problem is, I have to fly over some areas in which I need FPV. I was going to attach a go pro to the bottom of the inspire and use the photos from yet but I also need the GPS data.

Is not TheCutter an interpreter of that data?
Are we talking full disclosure verse access to some information?
No - what Cutters application does is interprets the data logged on the DJI Pilot app itself. What the Inspire logs is far more complex and informative giving detailed real-time data on all sensors (IMU, compass, throttle, yaw rate etc). Effectively the Inspire logs everything even when on the ground and motors not running!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44