Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 2 GPS ERROR

Reaction score
Hello so I’ve replaced everything on my inspire 2 including gps module and I’m getting GPS DATA ERROR.. does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

That's a really vague question. It's easy to see why nobody has responded. You will have to provide a lot more detail to get an answer to your question.

D

That's a really vague question. It's easy to see why nobody has responded. You will have to provide a lot more detail to get an answer to your question.

D
The drone initially crashed.. I replaced everything it including gps module and it says GPS DATA ERROR and won’t come out of atti mode.. I mean idk what other details to tell you

The drone initially crashed.. I replaced everything it including gps module and it says GPS DATA ERROR and won’t come out of atti mode.. I mean idk what other details to tell you
"It"?? Do you mean the app? If so, a screenshot might help.

"I replaced everything." No, you didn't. So list the things you replaced.

I can make a bunch of suggestions, but your reply every time will be, "I checked that already." Or "I did that already." So instead of this cat and mouse game of me making suggestions and you shooting them down, tell the collective every step you already took to fix and/or troubleshoot the problem. I assume you took the Inspire BACK apart and checked all connections. If not, do that. Especially the antenna connection. Make sure the puck antenna is not cracked. This is where you say, "The puck antenna is brand new." Well...I don't know that because "replaced everything" means you purchased a new drone, which you didn't. You want information. Don't be so lazy.

D

Last edited:
I have replaced Central board, GPS module, gps module cover, vibration absorbing board, forward vision, battery compartment, middle frame, upper shell, bottom shell, right arm, and 2 ESC. I’ve took a tester to the antenna connections all are good. The antenna doesn’t look cracked I didn’t replace it. I appreciate any help you give just very annoyed not being able to figure this out. Do you think the gps module I bought is bad? I got everything from cloud city drones

Attachments

• IMG_3914.jpeg
    IMG_3914.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3904.jpeg
    IMG_3904.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Donnie Frank
"It"?? Do you mean the app? If so, a screenshot might help.

"I replaced everything." No, you didn't. So list the things you replaced.

I can make a bunch of suggestions, but your reply every time will be, "I checked that already." Or "I did that already." So instead of this cat and mouse game of me making suggestions and you shooting them down, tell the collective every step you already took to fix and/or troubleshoot the problem. I assume you took the Inspire BACK apart and checked all connections. If not, do that. Especially the antenna connection. Make sure the puck antenna is not cracked. This is where you say, "The puck antenna is brand new." Well...I don't know that because "replaced everything" means you purchased a new drone, which you didn't. You want information. Don't be so lazy.

D

I have replaced Central board, GPS module, gps module cover, vibration absorbing board, forward vision, battery compartment, middle frame, upper shell, bottom shell, right arm, and 2 ESC. I’ve took a tester to the antenna connections all are good. The antenna doesn’t look cracked I didn’t replace it. I appreciate any help you give just very annoyed not being able to figure this out. Do you think the gps module I bought is bad? I got everything from cloud city drones
I would check the puck antenna for a hairline crack. Hint: You may not see this crack with the naked eye. The puck antenna is really the last piece in your GPS puzzle. And honestly, puck antennas rarely fare well in "uncontrolled descents." The only way to really, really test it is to remove it. Then I would GENTLY put pressure on the puck (try to bend it) in different directions to tease out any cracks it may have. You can also ohm it out (50 ohms, if memory serves). If it ohm's out, that doesn't necessarily mean the antenna is good. But if it fails, then clearly the antenna is NOT good. I would go 50/50 that the puck antenna is the problem.

D

Last edited:
Can you send me a picture of the puck antenna I looked it up and can not find that name to find it as it might be called a different name? Or a description of where this is found thank you!
I would check the puck antenna for a hairline crack. Hint: You may not see this crack with the naked eye. The puck antenna is really the last piece in your GPS puzzle. And honestly, puck antennas rarely fare well in an "uncontrolled descents." The only way to really, really test it is to remove it. Then I would GENTLY put pressure on the puck (try to bend it) in different directions to tease out any cracks it may have. You can also ohm it out (50 ohms, if memory serves). If it ohm's out, that doesn't necessarily mean the antenna is good. But if it fails, then clearly the antenna is NOT good. I would go 50/50 that the puck antenna is the problem.

D

I would check the puck antenna for a hairline crack. Hint: You may not see this crack with the naked eye. The puck antenna is really the last piece in your GPS puzzle. And honestly, puck antennas rarely fare well in an "uncontrolled descents." The only way to really, really test it is to remove it. Then I would GENTLY put pressure on the puck (try to bend it) in different directions to tease out any cracks it may have. You can also ohm it out (50 ohms, if memory serves). If it ohm's out, that doesn't necessarily mean the antenna is good. But if it fails, then clearly the antenna is NOT good. I would go 50/50 that the puck antenna is the problem.

D
Are you talking about these antennas ?

Attachments

• IMG_3921.png
    IMG_3921.png
    422.4 KB · Views: 5
Can you send me a picture of the puck antenna I looked it up and can not find that name to find it as it might be called a different name? Or a description of where this is found thank you!

DJI may not specifically call it a "puck" antenna (as it is named by some other companies), but it's easy to see how it earned its moniker.
1699452081160.png

1699452368031.png

Disclaimer: The part number may not be G151, as this was the result of a Internet image search. But I'm reasonably sure that the puck antenna in the above photo is the correct part for the Inspire 2, but not 100% sure.

D

Yeah that’s the GPS module I replaced I’m going to order another because the one I got might be bad or something i don’t know. Thank you
Copy that. The antenna and module used to be separate units. I guess they combine them now into the puck form factor. Good to know.

D

f you're experiencing GPS errors with your Inspire 2 drone, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check Satellite Signal Strength:

Ensure that you have a clear line of sight to the sky.
Verify that there are no obstacles blocking the GPS signal.
Check the number of GPS satellites in view. The more satellites, the better the accuracy.
Calibrate the Compass:

Compass calibration is crucial for accurate GPS positioning.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions to calibrate the compass properly.
Update Firmware:

Make sure that your Inspire 2's firmware is up to date.
Check the manufacturer's website for any firmware updates and follow the instructions to install them.
Check GPS Module Connections:

Ensure that all cables and connections related to the GPS module are secure and undamaged.
Reset GPS Settings:

In some cases, resetting the GPS settings on the drone may help.
Consult your user manual for instructions on how to reset GPS settings.
Verify GPS Antenna:

Check if the GPS antenna is properly attached and in good condition.
If there's damage, consider replacing the antenna.
Environment Interference:

Avoid flying in areas with strong electromagnetic interference, as this can affect GPS signals.
Stay away from large metal structures, power lines, and electronic devices.
Contact Manufacturer Support:

If the issue persists, it's advisable to contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance.
Provide them with detailed information about the issue and steps you've taken to troubleshoot.
Always refer to the official user manual for your Inspire 2 and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for troubleshooting and maintenance. If the problem persists after trying these steps, seeking professional assistance may be necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope