Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS signal to find lost Drone?

Reaction score
So I'm thinking since we're using GPS technology anyway, is there anyway to set up a GPS signal so if I lost the drone, I could track it down?

I figure we're already transmitting a signal (but of course if the battery dies, that doesn't help)

Thoughts?

Mark

It's not transmitting a GPS signal, it is receiving one.
THe only way to do it at present is to strap a tracker to the craft.

Does the Pilot app have a feature similar to the Vision's limited 'Find my Phantom' feature, which just displays the last-communicated location? Dedicated trackers are obviously the best option, but 'Find My Inspire' from the Pilot app would be better than nothing.

It's not transmitting a GPS signal, it is receiving one.
THe only way to do it at present is to strap a tracker to the craft.

The Inspire 1 is transmitting data in flight and I would bet that part of that info is its current location.

I put mine down, ended up being in a no go zone so i watched it on my ipad map and saw it being driven back to me (in a car) on my ipad gps.
The battery was dead too.... So yeah, why not?

I overextended a battery and it did an auto land about 700m from the take off. I was able to find it using the last know position on the map. It is not as good as the "Find my Phantom" but it works. The functionality of the Find my Phantom has been requested on the Inspire.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I overextended a battery and it did an auto land about 700m from the take off. I was able to find it using the last know position on the map. It is not as good as the "Find my Phantom" but it works. The functionality of the Find my Phantom has been requested on the Inspire.

What is Find my Phantom? Is that any relation to drone mods suggested earlier?

Thanks guys,

Mark

What is Find my Phantom? Is that any relation to drone mods suggested earlier?
It's part of the app for flying a Phantom Vision series and shows the last reported location for your Phantom
i-HFMSD4r-M.png

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
No need to buy a gps. I had a flyaway in a deep snow covered forested mountainous terrain. Used my remote and tracked my drone down 200 metres away. On a steep side slope covered in snow. A few feet away I noticed that the direction arrow had changed 180 deg.. I turned back and found my drone about 10 feet back. I am surprised I found it. I was worried I wouldn't find it before the battery on the drone died... it was minus 15 deg... and very cool

No need to buy a gps. I had a flyaway in a deep snow covered forested mountainous terrain. Used my remote and tracked my drone down 200 metres away. On a steep side slope covered in snow. A few feet away I noticed that the direction arrow had changed 180 deg.. I turned back and found my drone about 10 feet back. I am surprised I found it. I was worried I wouldn't find it before the battery on the drone died... it was minus 15 deg... and very cool
What if the battery dies? then you'll lose your drone forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters