Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Groupon 64GB San Disk Extreme Plus for 7.99

I learnt my lesson back on 2009 when I got a 32GB SD on ebay for a steal of a price,,,, a steal quite literally as it packed up once 4gb of space were used up.
The annoying thing is that I have 4gb of photos on it from a trip which I would love to get back. lol. I even opened it up to see if I could find a way of soldering the chip onto another card or something, but alas, they remain unrecovered and have probably been lost due to time now.

Always buy Genuine Sandisk etc from a decent seller.......... perferably in a physical shop, anything online is a risk.

Well I finally got an email from Groupon this morning stating they are going to refund my purchase after I pointed them to the string of emails back and forth with their merchant who was unwilling to provide a tracking number for the purchase. First and last time I use Groupon for any purchases.

Reactions: 1vertol
On hold with bank to request transaction cancellation and refund. Anyone know the name of the vendor selling the SD cards?

On hold with bank to request transaction cancellation and refund. Anyone know the name of the vendor selling the SD cards?

Seller just uses the name: Urban Rebel Media. But it really shouldn't matter since the transaction was done and charged through Groupon, it's ultimately their responsibility to fulfill the sale to your satisfaction.

Thank you for the name. Would you happen to have any contact info? Phone, email? Called my bank and they opened a dispute case which is good.

Thank you for the name. Would you happen to have any contact info? Phone, email? Called my bank and they opened a dispute case which is good.

Can't help you out there, the seller hides behind the Groupon ticket system so no additional information is shared. Convenient huh?

filed for a refund, but have not received yet? in the mean time i got a shipping notice saying it was shipped from Canada. supposed to be here by Friday. Will keep you posted :(

Well, after fighting with Groupon and their third party merchant and finally getting a refund early this week. I received my Memory Cards in the mail today. I felt guilty for a split second until I opened the envelope to discover what I had assumed all along, they are just generic no-name 64GB memory cards. Certainly not the San Disk Extreme Plus cards that were advertised.

As long as they are actually 64GB cards with a usable speed it is not a terrible deal at $8 each. The question now becomes, would you trust this card enough to record/store anything important on it?

As long as they are actually 64GB cards with a usable speed it is not a terrible deal at $8 each. The question now becomes, would you trust this card enough to record/store anything important on it?

Not sure, I'll give the cards a workout this weekend, but at the end of the day I ordered these cards expecting San Disk Extreme Plus. What I got was very different.

Are they 64GM or just some pos - extremely unhappy with groupon. trying to get a refund also.

I received notice today (Monday) from Groupon that they were going to refund my $58. I will not be doing any more business with them!

Last edited:
I have not received nothing , any another received there cards , I am still fighting with group on

I finally gave groupon a link to this forum... telling them this sale was a scam. they refunded my money, at least they said they did, I need to check with cc company and make sure. good luck.

Not the point. We should get what was advertised!
Just to point out something that should be obvious... The listing always very clearly mentioned a "MemoryPlus" card. Yes they used a "generic picture" of a SanDisk card probably in a calculated way, but still... I mean when you see a 64GB card for $8 I would expect anyone to feel enough of a hint that they should maybe look beyond the picture and at least read the title below.

Especially on a group of people operating a complex aircraft...

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

sandisk.png

FYI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1