Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hackers?

Atti is great but it's just not as smooth as the GPS. Maybe I just need to practice some more.

Atti is great but it's just not as smooth as the GPS. Maybe I just need to practice some more.
its just as smooth for me, the only difference is that its only taking movement orders from your inputs, it wont try to hold position when you let go of the sticks like it does in gps mode(no brakes) and if there is a cross wind it will get pushed off course, drifting with the wind where gps mode counters the wind and flies straight.

Reactions: AndyH
its just as smooth for me, the only difference is that its only taking movement orders from your inputs, it wont try to hold position when you let go of the sticks like it does in gps mode(no brakes) and if there is a cross wind it will get pushed off course, drifting with the wind where gps mode counters the wind and flies straight.
It's not the flying that's tough, it's the drift when I'm shooting video. In GPS is dead on to what I need it to do. I need to keep practicing the atti to maintain the shots. I guess I'll break out my little Hubsan.:rolleyes:

Reactions: AndrewH
It's not the flying that's tough, it's the drift when I'm shooting video. In GPS is dead on to what I need it to do. I need to keep practicing the atti to maintain the shots. I guess I'll break out my little Hubsan.:rolleyes:
oh yea, i hear ya, it definitely takes some practice. im not saying only fly in atti mode, im just saying you should learn how to use atti mode with a decent amount of skill and that way if you ever have this problem(which you wont) or lose gps signal for any other reason which does happen sometimes, then you can switch to atti to regain control and likely save yourself from a crash ;)

Reactions: AndyH
Atti mode general flight is no problem. Taking off, landing, flight is relatively easy. I made jump into the Inspire from many years of RC aircraft, and a few let ends quads. Ive had a problem on my third flight. The inspire took a mind of its own and didn't repond to any controls. It landed about a half mile away without incident. I was not switched into multiple flight modes so atii would not respond. I beleive it was a bad compass calibration or an improper IMU calibration. Flowing video without wind drift seems to be my problem. I tend to strive for what I think is perfect. Even mistakes that no one notices seem to bother me. For now is just practice, practice, practice.

Never move the inspire when you power it up and the camera is spinning, its doing a self test and calibrating the sensors. moving it during this process will cause erratic flight behavior. i think thats more the cause of most people issues than bad compass calibrations or interference. ive been flying nearly every day since january and ive calibrated my compass only 2 or 3 times and never had a problem. I dont update to new firmware though, and a new calibration should be done after every update.

Reactions: John Boylan
I would think that the compass values would change depending on your distance from the equator? Maybe not?
To my knowledge the app is supposed to let you know when your values are out of range, both the IMU and compass. I don't trust it though.

Reactions: dark knight
Never move the inspire when you power it up and the camera is spinning, its doing a self test and calibrating the sensors. moving it during this process will cause erratic flight behavior. i think thats more the cause of most people issues than bad compass calibrations or interference. ive been flying nearly every day since january and ive calibrated my compass only 2 or 3 times and never had a problem. I dont update to new firmware though, and a new calibration should be done after every update.

100% agree I have about 300 flights and only 1 time I moved it while powering up and I had to take full control of it as it was on a fly away. Then I just brought it back down and shut it off then back on and no issues ever since. As soon as it went erratic I knew exactly that had to be the problem. I do though upgrade my firmware and calibrate my compass regularly.

100% agree I have about 300 flights and only 1 time I moved it while powering up and I had to take full control of it as it was on a fly away. Then I just brought it back down and shut it off then back on and no issues ever since. As soon as it went erratic I knew exactly that had to be the problem. I do though upgrade my firmware and calibrate my compass regularly.
most everyone will tell you that compass calibration before every flight is not necessary, just check your mod values and make sure they are in range, if not then calibrate, if they are you can safely fly.

Reactions: dark knight
most everyone will tell you that compass calibration before every flight is not necessary, just check your mod values and make sure they are in range, if not then calibrate, if they are you can safely fly.
Yes you are right I probably calibrate my compass to much, I always check my mod values. I don't calibrate every battery but usually every different location.

If your mod values are out of range try moving 20 feet away in a different direction. .
if your values are still bad after moving, move again..
after trying this a few times and the mods aren't in range the don't fly there or if you do don't calibrate. .
If you calibrate after trying a few different spots, when you didnt have good mod values, you open yourself up to a compass error ..

Reactions: The Editor
If your mod values are out of range try moving 20 feet away in a different direction. .
if your values are still bad after moving, move again..
after trying this a few times and the mods aren't in range the don't fly there or if you do don't calibrate. .
If you calibrate after trying a few different spots, when you didnt have good mod values, you open yourself up to a compass error ..
Make sure and power off your ac between moves or you risk having flyaway behavior. ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84