Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Handheld gimbal now shipping!

Theories abound that the 3DR Solo launch got them to ship the Phantom 3.

Maybe this will get us our 4K handheld gimbal?
Ok, maybe I am just slow today but is this hand held compatible with the Inspire camera and gimbal? If not, are there any on the market right now as I am in dire need of one to augment my aerial component of my business.

Regards,
Brads

some problems i see with that setup and why you should avoid it.

the camera is in a really bad position and from the looks of it it's only good for filming something directly in front of you and that's it. up or down and the equipment will get in the shoot. the whole point of that is to stabilze the camera if your getting bounced around... with that setup any movement will just put the joystick stand at the bottom or the phone mount at the top in the way.

bad design bad idea.

some problems i see with that setup and why you should avoid it.

the camera is in a really bad position and from the looks of it it's only good for filming something directly in front of you and that's it. up or down and the equipment will get in the shoot. the whole point of that is to stabilze the camera if your getting bounced around... with that setup any movement will just put the joystick stand at the bottom or the phone mount at the top in the way.

bad design bad idea.
Without playing with it that is hard to say, for example does the camera track properly when pointing the gimble up? To your point about not being able to pivot the camera up, frankly I want to see someone with the DJI design hold center on something above them while keeping it straight, seems this design would actually make that easier.

At the end of the day time will tell with both in hand...

It is getting a bit crazy now. A little bit of info regarding proposed release dates would be good. We desperately need one.

Just a friendly reminder. If you're having a bad day and you're too sad the handheld gimbal mount is not here yet, ask a 3DR Solo owner what he thinks about gimbals in general

You haven't read anything bad about it because it was never shipped to its customers. Users received their SOLO with no gimbal, planned to be released later. From their last official video in Malta it seems to be a good gimbal, but we all know the quality of comnercial videos vs plain user experience. Hopefully soon we'll be able to see some objective review videos, time will tell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84