Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI Video Feed in Real Time

Any ideas on rigging a 7" monitor to the controller in addition to my small android (S5)? I'd like to use my dp7 pro lcd to view the image and dial in some LUTs while flying as well as send an SDI signal out to a client monitor. Only problem is there's no additional 1/4-20 or any additional way to rig with an Israeli arm. Anyone try this? Photos?

Anyone tried hooking the hdmi out to a Blackmagic Design Production Studio Mixer to use areal video together with cams on the ground for a live TV production? I'm interested in doing this.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

Anyone tried hooking the hdmi out to a Blackmagic Design Production Studio Mixer to use areal video together with cams on the ground for a live TV production? I'm interested in doing this.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

Just make sure you use an ATEM with a frame resynchronizer since obviously your feed from the Inspire will not be genlocked! You also run the risk of a signal dropout from the lightbridge and I'm not sure how the BM mixer will handle the total loss of sync if that happens via HDMI protocol. Some HDMI devices require a restart to initiate handshake and reconnect.

Last edited:
Have (now) had success sending the signal to an iPad mini and a Black Pearl 7".

However I tried to connect via HDMI to a 24" HDTV and it doesn't display the picture.

Will have to try another TV (although I know the 24" one works on that socket with other sources).

I've been flying my phantom 2 for a year now using a 5.8 gig transmitter. This worked out well because I would hand someone else a receiver/ monitor and they could see what I was shooting without standing over my shoulder. I tend to move around while shooting so I can keep "eyes on" the quadcopter. So now I have upgraded to the inspire and I'm trying to figure a cost effective way for me to do the same thing. Do I need to take the HDMI out and some how retransmit the video? Am I into spending another $1k for transmitter/ receiver and more monitors? I'm sure I'm not re-inventing the wheel here, anyone else solved this issue or do I put the inspire away and keep flying the phantom?

Has anyone tried to use the second controller hooked to a large TV using the HDMI port so people can watch it fly in real time yet? Does it work that way or does it not?
Have connected it to a 55 inch tv and it works great.
Have used HDMI off Pilot Control to a 7 inch monitor and Ipad 2, at same time Camera controller using Ipad2 and 55 Inch HDMI TV. Works great. 4 monitors at once
Dual output mode needs to be on

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I strongly perefer a 7" monitor to a 5" monitor.

And as I stated above, I don't see the point in recording the HDMI output from the RC. First, because I record in 4K, which the HDMI can't do, and second, because the bit rate from the HDMI port is substantially lower than what is recorded on the SD card. If I'm wrong in these assumptions, let me know. But I don't think I am.

And third, I prefer my $150 Nexus 7 because it runs the Pilot app, which a monitor can't do.
U can record 4k over HDMI with the Atmos shogun i think it is called. 4k record..

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Can anyone share here what are the hdmi cables that works for you to connect from inspire1 hdmi out to a external monitor ? Cos i tried using this and there's no signal ?
Amazon.com: Nanosecond® Super Extreme Thin High Speed Mini HDMI Cable (2.6 ft / 0.8 m) - World's thinnest and most flexible Mini HDMI Cable - Supports HDTV 1080p+, 3D, 60-240hz, Ethernet, ARC, 10-bit color, Newest HDMI version: Electronics
You DID turn on Enable HDMI output in the app yes?

No Your iPad mini is going to be black but with all the app features the image will be shown in the TV
I'm not sure why yours would black out, I connect a 36" monitor via HDMI to my second controller when I fly publicly so bystanders can view what I'm doing I use IPad Air 2's and I never have it black out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido