Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
www.uavgroundschool.com
Cliff Whitney here and I appreciate the kind welcome to the Inspire Pilots group.

I am a licensed private pilot and an avid aviation participant blessed to be living on a 2600-ft private grass airstrip . I mostly fly my Citabria, and 1-26 sailplane. I am a master rated Hang Glider pilot with advanced instructor and tandem sign-offs and a rated Ultralight pilot. I also have a Part 107 rating.

For business I am the owner of Atlantahobby.com and have been in business since 1978. Also in 1978 I went to work for a young startup photography company named Wolf Camera. I retired from there after 23 years, as the President of the dot com side of the business, and after helping to build it to over 600 million a year in sales with hundreds of locations around the country. After retirement I focused full time on Atlanta Hobby and returned to my passion “aircraft”.

UAVExperts.aero is my commercial UAV company. We are focused focused on the commercial flying aspects of the UAV Industry. and do a tremendous amount of flight training for many many companies.

UAVExpertNews.com is our news company. This is a free daily newsletter distributing UAV product and industry news to approx 45,000 subscribers.

UAVGroundschool.com (Gold Seal)
Gold Seal is our Part 107 online test preparation company and was founded in 2006 by aerospace author and Master FAA CFI Russell Still, who is also the founder of Atlanta Flight, Inc. While separate from my other companies, in 2013, I joined with Russell to help design, operate and promote UAV Ground School. Russell also owns and operates faa-ground-school.com which is the industries premier private pilot ground school program. Over 45,000 have registered for the online Private Pilot and UAV training programs with over 1000 registrations just this past August 2016. If you want to pass your part 107 written test easily this is the place to go.

Our companies have around 20 associates who all love aviation..
I have served on many of my current and past industries advisory committees including Eastman Kodak, Sony, AOL and our industries trade organization AMA. This group advised and consulted with the FAA during the work up to the release of Part 107.

Prior to Part 107 I was a founding member in the Fly Safe training program. With FlySafe we traveled the country hosting certified UAV/sUAS drone training events and expos. Cities have included Las Vegas, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Chicago, each providing a unique in person hands on UAV training experience. During three years FlySafe certified over 500 students.

In the UAV space my team has worked with many production studios around the country. Some of our clients include National Graphic, the Weather Channel, CNN, ABC and CBS affiliates. We have had many students from Realestate, Roofing companies and others and have an in house 20 seat training room for our hands on training. Notability two of our students is movie star Tyler Perry and Phillip Grossman from PGP images who was the first pilot to fly a drone in Chernobyl and is working hard on a documentary about flying in Chernobyl and the Fukushima Nuclear power plant. We have also outfitted equipment and maintenance for the crew of the Walking Dead television series.

Our facility is in Cumming GA. Our 12,000 sq ft shop has a classroom a and our in person training is split between the shop and 3 miles from our shop at my grass airstrip where we have 70 acres of controlled environment for our program.

Our entire team will work hard for your business and will tell you the truth. We are not a large corporation but have been there and know how to teach and treat folks right. We are professional and very good at what we do. Most Importantly we are passionate about your team flying safety.

If you are in the Atlanta area please stop by and see us!

Attachments

• CLIFF-Twister-250-210.png
    CLIFF-Twister-250-210.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 6
Without a doubt you are the most qualified UAV person around, and if I'm ever passing through I'll try to stop by and say Hello. I have no pilot licenses, but have flown in an Ultralight, and just last week tried out some glider soaring from the Tahoe-Minden airport. I live in Aiken SC, not far from you, and if I get some time (in my retirement) I might just get on my motorcycle for a visit.

Without a doubt you are the most qualified UAV person around, and if I'm ever passing through I'll try to stop by and say Hello. I have no pilot licenses, but have flown in an Ultralight, and just last week tried out some glider soaring from the Tahoe-Minden airport. I live in Aiken SC, not far from you, and if I get some time (in my retirement) I might just get on my motorcycle for a visit.
HI Crashburn, thanks for the kind words. We have a lot in common. Flying Sailplanes in Minden is a great experience. You can get really high there and the views are .... just fantastic. I grew up in SC, Florence and small town of Timmonsville and have 5 motorcycles. Stop by and see us if you are ever close.

AtlantaHobby.com provided excellent service on some Matrice100 batteries and parts I ordered. If you get the rumored Mavic before I leave for Bora Bora on Oct 8, I'll come pick one up! Wife said I could take it with us if I treat her to private dinner, which will probably cost more than the Mavic.

Reactions: atlav8r

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk