Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Southern Indiana

Reaction score
Looking to replace my lost Blade Chroma with something a little more advanced. I am mainly looking to do night/evening video of Christmas light displays. The Chroma camera just did not do very good for that. I think it just did not have a bright enough lens. Daytime was great, but night was bad. I am thinking that the Zenmuse X3 would work good for me. Anyone have any experience or advise doing this kind of photography? Would the X3 do what I want? Not looking to completely cheap out, but don't need a $5000 camera/drone either...I hope.

Also, I found an Inspire 1 with very low hours for $1150. That sounded pretty good, but I have not been looking long. If there is another area better suited for these questions, let me know.

Thanks for any assistance and sorry for the long first post.

-Keith

Reactions: Advexure
Hi Keith, welcome to Inspire pilots. While you might be able to get some decent Christmas light images with the X3, you might be better served with Inspire 1 with an X5 where you can choose a better lens than the X3. A used Inspire 1 package with an X5 will be much less than $5000 dollars and when you look around you might even find one in the $2500 dollar range or less with some accessories.

A Phantom 4 Pro has a better camera than the X3 and would capture better images in low light, although some Christmas light displays can be very bright. You can get into a Phantom 4 Pro for $1500 which might be all you need depending on what you will be doing with it when the Christmas lights are stored for the summer.

What other photographic areas are you interested in? Let us know if we can help you with other questions on your needs.

Reactions: SanCap
Welcome to the InspirePilots community, Keith, we are happy to have you here. Sorry to hear about your lost bird, it's happened to the best of us at some point in our drone careers :(

We will also add that the P4P is likely the best choice for you in your situation. If I were you I would rush to jump at used I1 units. The P4P will do everything you need it to do by the sounds of the use application you've provided.

Don't hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any specific questions on aircrafts, service, or anything in between. See you around the forum. Cheers! :cool:

Thanks for the feedback! I had assumed that the P4 was too much of a consumer model to be very effective at what I was looking for and that I would need to step up to a more advanced model. I didn't realize it had a better camera than the X3 so that may fit what I need really well...and at a price I can afford. I will see if I can find some specifications and check it out. As most of my use will be low light, I'll see if I can find some examples. We have some kind of a phantom here at work. I'll see what it is and maybe get some feedback from our marketing guy that uses it.

My only other possible use right now is I would like to see about what it would take to get into real-estate photography. Does anyone know if there is a forum for the P4 like this one?

Thanks again for the advice.

-Keith

Thanks for the feedback! I had assumed that the P4 was too much of a consumer model to be very effective at what I was looking for and that I would need to step up to a more advanced model. I didn't realize it had a better camera than the X3 so that may fit what I need really well...and at a price I can afford. I will see if I can find some specifications and check it out. As most of my use will be low light, I'll see if I can find some examples. We have some kind of a phantom here at work. I'll see what it is and maybe get some feedback from our marketing guy that uses it.

My only other possible use right now is I would like to see about what it would take to get into real-estate photography. Does anyone know if there is a forum for the P4 like this one?

Thanks again for the advice.

-Keith

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see all the associated forums as well as the Phantom forum. Here is the link, DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.17.26 AM.png

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell