Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help Figuring Out Why The Motors Won't Spin Up

Reaction score
I'm trying to repair an Inspire 1 that's previously had a bit of a rough life and what looks like a crash or two. Initially the problem was that the connector on the battery was damaged and while it would power up, the controller wouldn't connect. I replaced the Main Board with the battery connections on it. Now the drone powers up, the gimbal works, an the controller will connect. I don't get any errors and all seems well in the DJI app, however, the motors won't come on. I've also noticed that the lights on the arms under the motors don't light up. I've tried taking off by pulling both joysticks down and in, as well as using the "take off" mode in the app. I've also tried using Litchi to take off in addition to the DJI go app. Neither work and neither give any errors. It's almost like the motors aren't getting any power at all, despite being hooked up. I've also done an IMU calibration, and that seems to complete successfully.

Any idea on what I could have going on here? I'd really like to get this thing fixed. Where should I start?

I'm trying to repair an Inspire 1 that's previously had a bit of a rough life and what looks like a crash or two. Initially the problem was that the connector on the battery was damaged and while it would power up, the controller wouldn't connect. I replaced the Main Board with the battery connections on it. Now the drone powers up, the gimbal works, an the controller will connect. I don't get any errors and all seems well in the DJI app, however, the motors won't come on. I've also noticed that the lights on the arms under the motors don't light up. I've tried taking off by pulling both joysticks down and in, as well as using the "take off" mode in the app. I've also tried using Litchi to take off in addition to the DJI go app. Neither work and neither give any errors. It's almost like the motors aren't getting any power at all, despite being hooked up. I've also done an IMU calibration, and that seems to complete successfully.

Any idea on what I could have going on here? I'd really like to get this thing fixed. Where should I start?

I don't know the inner workings of the Inspire 1, but I have built and modified a couple quads. This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Sounds like you're simply not getting power to the ESC's, let alone the motors. I would look at the PDB (Power Distribution Board), and make sure that that unit is connected to a power source.

D

The .DAT log file may have some useful info. DatCon will let you look at the .DAT.

Any answer is probably in the eventLog stream. If you Dropbox the .DAT here I'll take a look.

A bad esc board will stop the motors from starting, but the bad esc board will light up on the inspire while the others don't, telling you thats the board and motor to replace. If all 4 lights do not light it could very well be a broken wire in one of the arms. I did have an inspire with no lights lighting on the arms when powered on. I tried motors, esc, boards and no luck, I then decided to pull on main boom off and sure enough there was a broken wire. I repaired the wire and was up and running. If it has had a hard life, and crashed a couple of times, I would first check individually check all the motor connections first and if all is good remove one are and harness first and checking the wiring for breaks.

i am having this issue as well , i checked all the rotors , took of the cabling , placed it back on , did it twice, i scrapper the entire bird and cleaned it up, built it back and still no lights and no rotor start up. Also i noticed the leds are blinking BLUE, GREEN & RED. Any advice i only got this drone 1 week ago . it had a flip and bounce on landing. A piece of prop broke but , so far all checks out except for rotors and leds on landing gear . Please advice folks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko