Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help finding affordable easy to install RID module for I2

Need to identify affordable easy to install RID for my 4 year old I2. Please help.
The Holy Stone RID unit is $89 at Amazon and works fine. Attach it to the rear of the Inspire with velcro. I've had zero problems with mine and they show up reliably with AirSentinel and OpenDroneID.

For recreational flying, a single RID unit can be registered at the FAA Drone Zone and used on a fleet. For commercial use, each drone needs either native RID or a separate RID unit.

I'm delighted I can keep flying my old Inspires, they're the most badass looking and sounding drones there are. The ZenMuse X5 is very fine. I hanker for more, have no good reason to have it...

The Holy Stone RID unit is $89 at Amazon and works fine. Attach it to the rear of the Inspire with velcro. I've had zero problems with mine and they show up reliably with AirSentinel and OpenDroneID.

For recreational flying, a single RID unit can be registered at the FAA Drone Zone and used on a fleet. For commercial use, each drone needs either native RID or a separate RID unit.

I'm delighted I can keep flying my old Inspires, they're the most badass looking and sounding drones there are. The ZenMuse X5 is very fine. I hanker for more, have no good reason to have it...
Thanks G.

Unless your RID device has it's own battery, where would you get power from for the RID device??

Unless your RID device has it's own battery, where would you get power from for the RID device??
These are available in various configurations. Google is a great tool at times.

Need to identify affordable easy to install RID for my 4 year old I2. Please help.
I purchased the Holystone RID from Ebay whose product on authorized FAA list. Additionally, I purchased a Holystone RID holder specifically made for Inspire 1 & 2 at a nominal cost from another Ebay retailer, too.
Looks professional and fully functional. I can easily remove RID from holder and use on other aircraft for my recreational flying.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240525_113145_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240525_113145_Chrome.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 11
  • SmartSelect_20240525_113131_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240525_113131_Chrome.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads