Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HELP!!! GREY DISCONNECTED! No tablet connectivity!!

Reaction score
Hey all, I need some serious help. Been having this issue for weeks. I already purchased a new HDMI Board, installed it,and still have the same "Grey Disconnected" on my tablet. It just happened out of the blue on set about to film a building implosion, missed the entire thing.

I can start/stop motors, move camera around and fly but i'm flying blind. No connectivity with the APP, I have tried other cables etc, nothing works.

Opening the APP it says (DJI Pilot) "Allow the App DJI Pilot to access the USB accessory?"

I select "ok" and..get the message every time "Unfortunately, DJI Pilot has Stopped.

Tablet used: Nvidia Shield "Pilot App"
Developer is "on"
USB Debugging is "On"

Running DJI Pilot APP 1.0.7
Nividia Shield
Also tried Samsumg Galaxy S5 to ensure the Shield was not the issue. Same results.

All I get is a GREY DISCONNECTED box. Please help me figure this out!

Hey all, I need some serious help. Been having this issue for weeks. I already purchased a new HDMI Board, installed it,and still have the same "Grey Disconnected" on my tablet. It just happened out of the blue on set about to film a building implosion, missed the entire thing.

I can start/stop motors, move camera around and fly but i'm flying blind. No connectivity with the APP, I have tried other cables etc, nothing works.

Opening the APP it says (DJI Pilot) "Allow the App DJI Pilot to access the USB accessory?"

I select "ok" and..get the message every time "Unfortunately, DJI Pilot has Stopped.

Tablet used: Nvidia Shield "Pilot App"
Developer is "on"
USB Debugging is "On"

Running DJI Pilot APP 1.0.7
Nividia Shield
Also tried Samsumg Galaxy S5 to ensure the Shield was not the issue. Same results.

All I get is a GREY DISCONNECTED box. Please help me figure this out!
Do you have an iPad/iOS device you can try?
I'm afraid Android is just too flakey for my liking for professional use.
I have Android devices here that I use for testing purposes but I would NEVER use them on a commercial shoot.
Using iPad Air 2's I have never had a single problem....and I mean not ONE. No, crash, no freeze, no loss of video, no glitches, nothing.
There is a big difference in the two platforms, trust me, I've put both through their paces.
The other point is Apple are way more stringent in both their MFI certification for hardware and QC software checking before an app makes it onto iTunes for download.

Do you have an iPad/iOS device you can try?
I'm afraid Android is just too flakey for my liking for professional use.
I have Android devices here that I use for testing purposes but I would NEVER use them on a commercial shoot.
Using iPad Air 2's I have never had a single problem....and I mean not ONE. No, crash, no freeze, no loss of video, no glitches, nothing.
There is a big difference in the two platforms, trust me, I've put both through their paces.
The other point is Apple are way more stringent in both their MFI certification for hardware and QC software checking before an app makes it onto iTunes for download.

First off, thanks for the reply trying to help me with this issue.

No I don;t have an IOS device at this time. I believe I could call ym buddy that owns a P3Advanced and ask to borrow his Ipad to test my Inspire 1 on. But then i;d need the DJI Pilot App 1.0.7 for IOS because that is what I had on Adnroid, so i'm unsure where to get that.

I ran my Shield for well over 1 year+ without any issues, 200+ Flights, never had a problem with my Inspire 1 or Nvidia Shield Tablet until a few weeks ago.

I flew two batteries of the 200 foot tall stacks of the Armour Meat packing Plant in St. Louis, MO that was about to be Demo'd, I landed, put in a fresh battery and waited for the 5 minute horn before the implosion. When powered up, it showed the grey disconnected, multiple restarts and nothing fixed it, went home, it worked again when i tested it, tried it again a week later and now it will not work at all. I mess with it a few times a day, it won;t do anything else. Still the grey disconnected with the USB notifications I posted above.

First off, thanks for the reply trying to help me with this issue.

No I don;t have an IOS device at this time. I believe I could call ym buddy that owns a P3Advanced and ask to borrow his Ipad to test my Inspire 1 on. But then i;d need the DJI Pilot App 1.0.7 for IOS because that is what I had on Adnroid, so i'm unsure where to get that.

I ran my Shield for well over 1 year+ without any issues, 200+ Flights, never had a problem with my Inspire 1 or Nvidia Shield Tablet until a few weeks ago.

I flew two batteries of the 200 foot tall stacks of the Armour Meat packing Plant in St. Louis, MO that was about to be Demo'd, I landed, put in a fresh battery and waited for the 5 minute horn before the implosion. When powered up, it showed the grey disconnected, multiple restarts and nothing fixed it, went home, it worked again when i tested it, tried it again a week later and now it will not work at all. I mess with it a few times a day, it won;t do anything else. Still the grey disconnected with the USB notifications I posted above.
OK, you are running a VERY old version of the pilot app (it isn't even called that anymore) so I am going to assume you are also running very old firmware as well?
Aside from many bug fixes there have also been stability fixes in both the app and the remote as well as the aircraft/Lightbridge.
I am also going to assume you are running an X3?
Couple of things........
Look VERY carefully at the gimbal connection pins and make sure they are perfectly straight and evenly spaced - I mean mm perfect.
There have been some instances of X3's going intermittent with their video feed. If this is the case you will need to swap out your camera with a new one. However, do not go this route until you can confirm this is the issue.

OK, you are running a VERY old version of the pilot app (it isn't even called that anymore) so I am going to assume you are also running very old firmware as well?
Aside from many bug fixes there have also been stability fixes in both the app and the remote as well as the aircraft/Lightbridge.
I am also going to assume you are running an X3?
Couple of things........
Look VERY carefully at the gimbal connection pins and make sure they are perfectly straight and evenly spaced - I mean mm perfect.
There have been some instances of X3's going intermittent with their video feed. If this is the case you will need to swap out your camera with a new one. However, do not go this route until you can confirm this is the issue.

I am aware of the new App etc. I've owned the Inspire since it first came out. I simply had no problems so I decided not to update. The craft has only been updated twice in it's lifetime and that was in the very beginning. So yes the FW is very old, I'll check to see what i'm on when I get home, but like I said almost a year and a half without issues flying my I1.

Yes I am running the X3 cam.
I will check all of the connectors, however I have not removed the camera for quite some time, I have the InsPak so I leave it on. But I'll go over those pins when i get home to check them just to be sure.

Just wanted to update and close this.

I performed the latest DJI GO App update, Updated the Aircraft to the latest FW and the TX to the latest FW. Just updating everything fixed the issue. No idea why it happened in the beginning etc but All is well now and operating properly. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962