Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help my inspire out...

Reaction score
RC to bird moving the gimbal works however app doesn't work at all.

RC is blinking red/green, tail on bird is red.

History on what you have? Recently purchased?
Have you tried the linking process?

If I recall, this is a firmware issue. Knowing nothing about your bird (other than the symptoms) or which firmwares you have, I can't make any recommendations.

D

History on what you have? Recently purchased?
Have you tried the linking process?
I've had it and sat in the box for years, never flew it. Yes I hit the C buttons, record and photo and the small button on the bird.

If I recall, this is a firmware issue. Knowing nothing about your bird (other than the symptoms) or which firmwares you have, I can't make any recommendations.

D
It was freshly taken out of the box, I did jump the battery to get that going.

I tried a iPhone 6, iPad pro, note 20 with the app that I downloaded from dji all no dice.

Was going to try the reset bin on RC today.

It was freshly taken out of the box, I did jump the battery to get that going.

I tried a iPhone 6, iPad pro, note 20 with the app that I downloaded from dji all no dice.
So you know, your tablet has nothing to do with the red/green RC lights.

Was going to try the reset bin on RC today.
I was going to recommend refreshing your RC firmware (which is done through the Go App), but without knowing which version you had, I can't telling which version to refresh to. The good news is that the RC firmware is pretty easy to manipulate.

Based on your use case and long storage and assumptions on which RC and Inspire model you have, I'm going to recommend firmware v1.6. Again, this is done via the Go App, so naturally you have to have your tablet connected to the RC. I recommend iOS offerings (not Android). You DO NOT have to have the drone powered up to do this.

D

So you know, your tablet has nothing to do with the red/green RC lights.

I was going to recommend refreshing your RC firmware (which is done through the Go App), but without knowing which version you had, I can't telling which version to refresh to. The good news is that the RC firmware is pretty easy to manipulate.

Based on your use case and long storage and assumptions on which RC and Inspire model you have, I'm going to recommend firmware v1.6. Again, this is done via the Go App, so naturally you have to have your tablet connected to the RC. I recommend iOS offerings (not Android). You DO NOT have to have the drone powered up to do this.

D
I have the iPhone 6 connected and the app is just at How to connect.

20220408_071655.jpg

20220408_071646.jpg20220408_071640.jpg

Screenshot_20220408-091601_DJI GO.jpg20220408_091039.jpg

I see a com port when the RC is connected to the laptop. Anyway to tap into that to recover?

View attachment 32412View attachment 32413

I see a com port when the RC is connected to the laptop. Anyway to tap into that to recover?
There is clearly no connection between your RC and your "laptop."
1649445718337.png

So before you do anything, you will have to troubleshoot that issue. Try another tablet AND another cable. Your USB port may be dead on your RC. That is a common issue.

D

There is clearly no connection between your RC and your "laptop."
View attachment 32415

So before you do anything, you will have to troubleshoot that issue. Try another tablet AND another cable. Your USB port may be dead on your RC. That is a common issue.

D
That screenshot is from my phone not my laptop as you can see...

I see a new com port when I connect the mini USB to my laptop. Do you know if there is any com settings or way to interface to the RC via serial?

For the USB, I see power coming of the plug can't confirm data on pins.

That screenshot is from my phone not my laptop as you can see...

I see a new com port when I connect the mini USB to my laptop. Do you know if there is any com settings or way to interface to the RC via serial?

For the USB, I see power coming of the plug can't confirm data on pins.
A working mini USB doesn't mean the type A is working. As I said, it's a common issue. You'll have to follow my previous recommendations to troubleshoot.

D

A working mini USB doesn't mean the type A is working. As I said, it's a common issue. You'll have to follow my previous recommendations to troubleshoot.

D
I've done the different devices and the different cables. Guess the bird will never fly.

Find it odd the RC being totally new is bad.

I've done the different devices and the different cables. Guess the bird will never fly.

Find it odd the RC being totally new is bad.
Inspire 1 Remote Controls haven't been manufactured for years. But who am I to doubt your veracity, right? So...Where did you find a "totally new" one? If it's new, then it's under warranty. Have you talked to DJI about replacing your new RC?

Earlier you mentioned you "jumped the battery." What did you mean by that?

D

Inspire 1 Remote Controls haven't been manufactured for years. But who am I to doubt your veracity, right? So...Where did you find a "totally new" one? If it's new, then it's under warranty. Have you talked to DJI about replacing your new RC?

Earlier you mentioned you "jumped the battery." What did you mean by that?

D
I bought it in 2018 as a spare, left it in the box.
I've been flying my extended arm TBS for years and mavics for fun.

Jumped by bridging the negative leads and plug the charger in.

this is definatly a firmware issue on the controller.does the app recognise the controller when connected.i had the same problem last month on an inspire 1 i bought new on ebay.
turned out my usb board was faulty.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
this is definatly a firmware issue on the controller.does the app recognise the controller when connected.i had the same problem last month on an inspire 1 i bought new on ebay.
Did you buy another controller?

I concur.

D

Reactions: BigSteel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan