Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help!Out of the box: remote not communicating to the Inspire

Okay, Try shutting everything down, unplug the lead from the RC USB port and then turn on the RC followed by the AC, tell me what light you see..

Red light on the remote and yellow blinking light on the tail of the Inspire

Okay, that tells us your problem has nothing to do with your App or your Android device.
At this stage, I would fully charge the RC, format a USB pendrive with FAT32, put the patch file onto the pendrive and when the RC is fully charged, put the pendrive into the USB port of the RC and start it up. Make sure the AC is turned OFF when doing this...

Okay, that tells us your problem has nothing to do with your App or your Android device.
At this stage, I would fully charge the RC, format a USB pendrive with FAT32, put the patch file onto the pendrive and when the RC is fully charged, put the pendrive into the USB port of the RC and start it up. Make sure the AC is turned OFF when doing this...

RC is fully charged and the procedure to update (either with the Aviator's patch or the firmware) has been tried not less then 10 times... But as far as I understand, the led on the RC should blink blue when the update is running but it just does not. The RC seems to completely ignore anything that I plugged into the USB port. Led stays red and that's it.

I've seen this before. .
my rc did the same thing and dji said it was a faulty usb port,but I've helped a guy with the same issue avoid the trip to dji..
the way he did it was to load 1.3 to the rc..
he tried many times as well,but then it took..
that's why I'm suggesting to try different cards and readers .just because your SD card worked on your ac doesnt mean that it will work on the rc..
many have had to use a different card to get success. ..
hang in there !!

Read the instructions. ..
wait until it stops spinning. ..
Does this mean that I need to switch the I1 on when I connect the USB of the camera to the remote for the update? I assumed the I1 should stay off as otherwise the cable would prevent the gimball from doing the regular rotations at start up. Am I wrong?

Read the instructions. ..
wait until it stops spinning. ..

Tried, still no results. Except that the i1 now beeps every second. Led on RC still red.

I can try a different USB but shouldn't it work if you use the SD card that they provided, connected the camera USB? I'm also using the exact same firmware package that worked fine with the I1 update...

You should be using firmware 1.3 on the RC and NOT trying to upgrade the RC with 1.4.

That's what I did. I first updated the I1 to 1.4 but then run a second and successful update to 1.3 when I saw that the combination 1.4 on I1 and whatever was on the remote was not working. SO now I'm trying to update the RC with 1.3 which is the same that is currently on the I1 too.

Okay, I was just confirming that..
The RC will not go into update mode immediately it can take 30 seconds or so before the light goes blue and the update starts..

Okay, I was just confirming that..
The RC will not go into update mode immediately it can take 30 seconds or so before the light goes blue and the update starts..

Actually, thank you so much for the effort Aviator, it's really appreciated.

I've been waiting for the update on the RC to start for 15 minutes without any results..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Okay, At this stage I think you have an RC with a faulty USB port, best talk to DJI about getting it replaced..
Sorry we could not resolve this one for you..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
So that you guys know, my problem has finally been solved just a couple of days later my posts exchange on this forum.

The problem was with the remote in fact when I went back to the dealer and we tried connecting the I1 to a remote they had in the shop, everything worked flawlessly. Most likely the problem was with the remote's USB port which was malfunctioning and as such would not allow the firmware to update and the link to my mobile to work at all.

After some negotiation..the dealer agreed to change my I1 with a new one they had in the store, without sending the I1 to DJI as it should have been the case...

Excellent news is that the one I got as a replacement is the very last version which includes the new propellers release (the type of release that I see on the I1 Pro)!

Thank you all again for your help!!

So that you guys know, my problem has finally been solved just a couple of days later my posts exchange on this forum.

The problem was with the remote in fact when I went back to the dealer and we tried connecting the I1 to a remote they had in the shop, everything worked flawlessly. Most likely the problem was with the remote's USB port which was malfunctioning and as such would not allow the firmware to update and the link to my mobile to work at all.

After some negotiation..the dealer agreed to change my I1 with a new one they had in the store, without sending the I1 to DJI as it should have been the case...

Excellent news is that the one I got as a replacement is the very last version which includes the new propellers release (the type of release that I see on the I1 Pro)!

Thank you all again for your help!!
Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad you're good to go now. Enjoy!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell