Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hibernation strategy ...

So, you take the battery out of the drone, double-tap 'start' it .. and then double-tap 'stop' it and it will not auto-discharge at all?

There needs to be some way to remove ANY electrical drain on a LiPo battery in storage ... and it will hold its charge for years!!
No, unfortunately. As with any battery - in general - the self-discharge occurs due to the principles and chemistry involved.

So, you take the battery out of the drone, double-tap 'start' it .. and then double-tap 'stop' it and it will not auto-discharge at all?

There needs to be some way to remove ANY electrical drain on a LiPo battery in storage ... and it will hold its charge for years!!
From my experience, auto drain runs indefinitely so within "x" number of days it goes from 100% to 50%....then over coming weeks it goes from 50% to less to the point of damaging the battery because a cell drops too low. My hope is to counter act the drop below 50% by starting the battery every 3 days.

No, unfortunately. As with any battery - in general - the self-discharge occurs due to the principles and chemistry involved.
DJI batteries discharge at a much faster rate than normal LIPO. There is a mechanism inside that draws off power.

How's this from tech support, when I asked about DJI replacing the cells, which is all that is wrong with the battery ... all the charging/monitoring circuitry should be fine ...

Jenny (DJI)
11月8日 HKT03:17

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for a response.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

As much as I would like to provide the details that you were asking, a special department is handling the development of the hardware parts of the unit such as the battery. They are handling the instructions also on how to change the cells of the LiPo battery. However, we do apologize but all of these information are internal that cannot be disclosed to end-users.

We do hope for your understanding, Rich and thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Jenny

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

How's this from tech support, when I asked about DJI replacing the cells, which is all that is wrong with the battery ... all the charging/monitoring circuitry should be fine ...

Jenny (DJI)
11月8日 HKT03:17

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for a response.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

As much as I would like to provide the details that you were asking, a special department is handling the development of the hardware parts of the unit such as the battery. They are handling the instructions also on how to change the cells of the LiPo battery. However, we do apologize but all of these information are internal that cannot be disclosed to end-users.

We do hope for your understanding, Rich and thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Jenny

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after
Can not be disclosed to the end user....shock, surprise.

Correct. To put it simply they must be watched and "diapers" must be changed regularly, or face the penalty for being neglect :D.
One thing is for certain...I have never exerienced a more reliable battery so long as you monitor them at 50%

Old news I'm afraid. Intelligent Flight batteries are anything but. If you follow my guidelines above you will not have issues with hibernation.
You have waived your rights to any class action when you accepted the EULA within DJI Go.
Possible link all the best articles or search 'criteria' that reveals best practice on this critical problem? "Procedure updates from the field"->"Battery Maintenance"...

Reactions: John Archer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips