Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hidden warning zones (UK)

Reaction score
I've searched for any posts on this issue but can't find anything.

I have my Inspire1 Pro at the latest firmware (v01.11.01.50) and GO versions (3.1.14) and doing a job in East Sussex on Thursday I got the following message when powering up with GEO System setting on:

'The aircraft is in a warning zone (unpaved airports). Fly with caution here'

There is no warning zone shown on the Dji map near to where I was flying but I know (as they stateon the website) that not all warning zones are shown. I also checked No Fly Drones' and 'Drone Assist' but nothing there.

My question is therefore; where is this information on hidden warning zones coming from and is there anywhere that we pilots can see it?

Anybody know?

Thanks

Why dont you have a look on skydemonlight pal. There may be a small airfield nearby. It only works on Internet Explorer just to warn you.

maybe someone's put in their grass strip or private heli pad somewhere nearby. You can check the DJI maps at DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones - they have warning zones which according to the web page...

"Warning Zones. In these Zones, which may not necessarily appear on the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning message that may be relevant to their flight.

Example Warning Zone: A protected wildlife area

Thanks Nick. Yes I checked the Dji maps but nothing hence my original question about where Dji get information from for warning zones that aren't displayed on their map.

After giumick's suggestion I've been on Sky Demon Light and spotted a grass strip at a farm which could possibly be the reason for the warning message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool