Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High altitude flying in beautiful Colorado

Reaction score
Did a short compilation of a few flights during my vacation in Colorado last week. I was a bit worried about how the Inspire would perform at high elevation (the ground level of the sites where I took off was between 7,200 ft and 11,000 ft) but the Inspire flew perfect. What a great state to fly....open spaces and great vistas.

Did a short compilation of a few flights during my vacation in Colorado last week. I was a bit worried about how the Inspire would perform at high elevation (the ground level of the sites where I took off was between 7,200 ft and 11,000 ft) but the Inspire flew perfect. What a great state to fly....open spaces and great vistas.

Were you around Buena vista/Collegiate peaks? Im in Denver and planning a trip to shoot the San Juans in SE Colorado.

That is exactly where I was for some of the shots. I also shot between Salida and Cotopaxi and a few other places along the way.

That is exactly where I was for some of the shots. I also shot between Salida and Cotopaxi and a few other places along the way.
I retired a few yes ago as staff photographer for the highway dept in Denver and I drove all over the state shooting video and stills. If you ever get a chance head further south and west to the San Juans. The town of Ouray is my favorite place to stay while filming that area. spectacular!

Reactions: davidbarwin
darn! I had Ouray on my list but we ran out of time....I am going back next year no will definitely add Ouray to my list of places to visit. Thanks for the advice.

Great shot. I live in Colorado and I was wondering what quadcopter you used to be Abel to make off the ground. Most I find and build don't have enough power to get up and away.

Thanks. Last year I took my phantom 2 and it did the job. I did have a minor crash though as my battery ran out moments before I landed the phantom. The flight times are definitely shorter at that altitude.

Nice video man. That looked like the Swatch Range between Buena Vista and Leadville to me.

That is where it was.....the abandoned mining town was a bit eerie and I noticed it on google earth while checking out flying sites before I went to Colorado. Great to fly around though.

Great content but the video quality seems very poor. What settings did you have on the camera for the video? It looks as though everything is slightly out of focus on the HD video posted on vimeo.

You might want to reload the video as it supposed to be crystal clear (at least on my end)? If the Internet connection is slow, the movie quality looks crappy. The video is shot in 4k/30 fps/log

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions