Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

higher power antenna

Is there any higher powered antenna or some way to increase the power?
Not that I know about. .but the stock range is up to two miles..one and a quarter with no trouble. .
that being said I would think that would be plenty. .keep in mind that any mods made to the inspire 1 will void your warranty. .so wait if you feel the need ..
also ..many people on the forums will remind you of the faa regulations to fly within los and tell you how it's going to ruin the hobby if you don't comply so be ready for that..

Not that I know about. .but the stock range is up to two miles..one and a quarter with no trouble. .
that being said I would think that would be plenty. .keep in mind that any mods made to the inspire 1 will void your warranty. .so wait if you feel the need ..
also ..many people on the forums will remind you of the faa regulations to fly within los and tell you how it's going to ruin the hobby if you don't comply so be ready for that..
Also it's against the law to make a modification to a fcc certified device without the proper license. ..read that on the ama website. .

Last edited:
Well I need it not for range but more power to go through tress and hills.

Reactions: catware
I have to agree with Nick, I live where there are 2 cell towers on either side of me. I can't go 1200ft without completely loosing signal. It would be nice to have a little more power so I could at least fly to the end of the park I fly at. When I fly at other locations the range is great, only at this one specific place is it bad.

None that I'm aware of at this time. Experiment with some high-gain helicals and directional items and let us know how you get on.

I have to agree with Nick, I live where there are 2 cell towers on either side of me. I can't go 1200ft without completely loosing signal. It would be nice to have a little more power so I could at least fly to the end of the park I fly at. When I fly at other locations the range is great, only at this one specific place is it bad.
I didnt think it was recommended to fly near cell towers. ..but whatever works best..?

Well I need it not for range but more power to go through tress and hills.

I feel you. .I live in the hills too ,but after having my rear end chewed for not staying in los I moved where I don't have trees or hills in the way.. but I'm all for pro choice. ..tear it up..haha..

2.4ghz will not penetrate urban environments at all well. The propagation properties of UHF is not fantastic (which is why communication towers are line of sight from/to relay stations).
I'm afraid you are stuck with the laws of physics. If you are getting poor range flying near communication masts - Fly somewhere else!

It's worth pointing out that antennas do not provide "more power" but rather, depending on their design and orientation, focus the available energy applied in a specific direction or plane.

The standard resonant dipole antenna when vertically polarised is said to be near omnidirectional as its radiation pattern is equal in 360 degrees but with severe nulls directly above and below. The same antenna when horizontally polarised becomes bidirectional with the maximum radiation being broadside to the orientation.

Some aftermarket antennas claim to be hi-gain. This doesn't mean they amplify the signal but are so designed to favour a particular direction or plane at the sacrifice of being insensitive or unresponsive in other directions or planes.

Some people have added 2.4GHz amplifiers, intended for WiFi, to their transmitters but it's been my experience that these devices, because they are made to a price, are of very poor quality. Instead of providing a clean amplified reproduction of the input from the transmitter they cause distortion to the transmitted signal and subsequently unwanted interference.

In the CONUS the permitted power output is much greater than here in the UK which is limited to 10mW for 2.4GHz control and 25mW for 5.8GHz analog FPV.

Regards

Nidge

.........In the CONUS the permitted power output is much greater than here in the UK which is limited to 10mW for 2.4GHz control and 25mW for 5.8GHz analog FPV.

Regards

Nidge

Think you will find this used to be the case but is now 100mW/20dBm

Thanks for the correction. For some reason, namely my own ignorance, I thought it was still only 10dBm.

Regards

Nidge

No worries - You're right in saying that 5.8ghz is 25mW but I think the world and his dog seem to be running 600mW Video TX illegally both in the UK and elsewhere. The reality is of course they will never be caught/stopped since someone would have to stop/catch them first and then know what they are talking about to tell them off and give them a slap on the wrist:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207