Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Hopping" when landing

My I2 has always hopped, I have always used an iPad Mini 4 but yesterday I started a 7.85 Crystalsky, have had 8 flights since yesterday and it hasn't hopped once! It was the first thing I noticed because I'm so used to it doing that little hop when shutting down the motors, make of that what you will.

Mark

My I2 has always hopped, I have always used an iPad Mini 4 but yesterday I started a 7.85 Crystalsky, have had 8 flights since yesterday and it hasn't hopped once! It was the first thing I noticed because I'm so used to it doing that little hop when shutting down the motors, make of that what you will.

Mark
Personally I do not think CS has got anything to do with it. I have CS and Cendence and it does it, not always bust most of the times. Taking off and landing on slightly sloped ground will exacerbate the "effect".

Last edited:

Mark

My I2 hops on my iPad Pro and my Crystal Sky Ultra.

It hops more when landing on a sloping surface or high side wind.

It hops much less if I land by pulling the left stick back 25% until it touches the ground at which point I pull the stick gradually back to 100% down over a 1-2 second period.

It appears that this reserve movement on the left stick as it touches down helps to counteract its tendency to hop if I land with the left stick already fully down.

My I2 hops on my iPad Pro and my Crystal Sky Ultra.

It hops more when landing on a sloping surface or high side wind.

It hops much less if I land by pulling the left stick back 25% until it touches the ground at which point I pull the stick gradually back to 100% down over a 1-2 second period.

It appears that this reserve movement on the left stick as it touches down helps to counteract its tendency to hop if I land with the left stick already fully down.
Yep, pulling the throttle stick down gradually and very slowly and holding it at -100% until the motors stop upon touch down seems to reduce or even eliminate the undesirable effect of legs lifting.

This noticed that this no longer occurs with the latest update released a couple days ago.

Which F/W version do you think has cured it?

I thought that the latest version (1.2.200) had various bug in it such as spurious landing gear messages and camera drift?

Which F/W version do you think has cured it?

I thought that the latest version (1.2.200) had various bug in it such as spurious landing gear messages and camera drift?
It does some strange stings but it cured the leg lifting and the uncommanded camera gimbal spin when switching flight modes and upon landing. Now the entire drone spins about 30deg randomly but thats about it for me. Well, the landing gear messages too but they are just annoyance, no effect on anything.

My I2 lifts a leg every time regardless of wind or surface. got to be software as it did not do it originally. Very unnerving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare