Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hours on motors

How many hours of flying before the need to replace the motors? I would assume if you replace 1, it is best to replace 4.
Please use the search function on the forum - this has been covered many times previously.
Additionally, FYI, brushless motors do not wear out since they have no moving parts in them.
You only need to swap the bearings - plenty on bearing replacement on the forum also.
You also do not say what version of prop locking mechanism you have on your motors since the inferior quick release system use plastic cams which wear with mounting and unmounting the props. it is advisable to replace those after approximately 200 flights (which would equate to 400 mount/unmount actions).
Again, talked about on the forum previously and an easy swap.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Please use the search function on the forum - this has been covered many times previously.
Additionally, FYI, brushless motors do not wear out since they have no moving parts in them.
You only need to swap the bearings - plenty on bearing replacement on the forum also.
You also do not say what version of prop locking mechanism you have on your motors since the inferior quick release system use plastic cams which wear with mounting and unmounting the props. it is advisable to replace those after approximately 200 flights (which would equate to 400 mount/unmount actions).
Again, talked about on the forum previously and an easy swap.
Thank you for you input

Reactions: Spawn840
Glad to leave this forum, nothing but a bunch of smart *** answers to some of you new pilots questions ! What a world we live in ???
My answer was not condescending, nor smart **** as you put it.
It was concise, factual and accurate together with informing the OP that there are already numerous threads on bearing replacement as well as many regarding prop fastening types and swap out of locking systems.
The OP is not a 'new' pilot as you mention since he has been a member 3 years longer than you!
Since you appear to be happy to leave the forum would you like me to delete your account?

My answer was not condescending, nor smart **** as you put it.
It was concise, factual and accurate together with informing the OP that there are already numerous threads on bearing replacement as well as many regarding prop fastening types and swap out of locking systems.
The OP is not a 'new' pilot as you mention since he has been a member 3 years longer than you!
Since you appear to be happy to leave the forum would you like me to delete your account?
That would be great ???

We have had some clients see their motors' color change a bit over time - we presume it is either heat or sun, etc - it turned a bit of a faded coppery color. For many, they change the motors instead of bearings because DJI made these motors very easy to DIY replacements. As @The Editor said, bearings are really the only things that typically fails on a brushless motor. We have seen guys get to 150+ hours and just change them because they had lasted so long...more preventative than necessary. Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Reactions: The Editor
I purchased a set of replacement bearings for my Inspire 1 when the motors had done about 75 hours and I was expecting to need to replace them at around 100 hours.

In reality, I totalled just over 200 flight hours on the original bearings before selling the I1. Even with 200 flight hours there was no noticeable play on the bearings. I anded up selling the unopened replacement bearings at about half what they had cost new.

Suffice to say I am not going to rush to buy replacement bearings for my Inspire 2 drones until they actually show some signs of wear.

Most of the so called "experts" are very condesending....from someone who has experienced the "experts" who "know everything". All we want to know are the facts..don't belittle us for asking....

Reactions: marctronixx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD