Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do I update my Inspire 2 aircraft/camera firmware with my Cendence/Crystalsky remote?

Reaction score
I am a professional software engineer with 30 years experience. I have owned four different DJI drones. I am pretty good at following directions. But I simply cannot figure out how to do this.

When I start the DJI Go 4 app, it says that an update is required (from 1.01.0200 to to 1.01.0300). It tells me to connect my mobile device to my Inspire 2, with the USB mode switch on the Inspire 2 set up (to mobile device). I have a micro-USB cable, which I connect to the craft and to the micro-USB port on the left side of the CrystalSky monitor.

But the "Start Download" button underneath the diagram is disabled. It won't let me start the upgrade.

The aircraft is powered on and connected to the CrystalSky. But it won't let me start.

I hauled out my second remote, which is a traditional Inspire 2 remote with an iPad. When I start the DJI Go 4 app on that, it says "Checking Firmware Version Info..." for about 30 seconds, then nothing. It is apparently pretending that the craft is up to date.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please start off by downloading the DJI Assistant 2 program from DJI's download page for the Inspire 2. You will need to connect the I2 to your computer using the supplied A to A USB cable and do a firmware refresh/factory defaults. Follow the prompts and post your results.

I had the exact same issue when I first got my I2, though I was attempting the update from an I2 RC and an iPhone. I followed the instructions and connected the iPhone to the I2, flipped the switch, and nothing.

I don't know / remember what I did next exactly, maybe a combination of restarting things and disconnect / re-connect cable did it. It eventually allowed me to update by connecting the phone. I suggest at least trying a reboot of everything if you haven't already.

Funny I should mention, I too am a software engineer, and this not knowing what I did to get it to work kinda bugs me.

Please start off by downloading the DJI Assistant 2 program from DJI's download page for the Inspire 2. You will need to connect the I2 to your computer using the supplied A to A USB cable and do a firmware refresh/factory defaults. Follow the prompts and post your results.
Are you saying that it is not possible to upgrade via a Cendence/CrystalSky remote?

Or are you just suggesting this as an alternative?

Thanks.

I had the exact same issue when I first got my I2, though I was attempting the update from an I2 RC and an iPhone. I followed the instructions and connected the iPhone to the I2, flipped the switch, and nothing.

I don't know / remember what I did next exactly, maybe a combination of restarting things and disconnect / re-connect cable did it. It eventually allowed me to update by connecting the phone. I suggest at least trying a reboot of everything if you haven't already.

Funny I should mention, I too am a software engineer, and this not knowing what I did to get it to work kinda bugs me.
And you must know that, given that I am a software engineer, I tried every possible combination of restarting/reconnecting/disconnecting, in every order I could think.

I will have to dig out my double-ended USB cable and try it from my computer tomorrow.

Reactions: rent
It took me a while to find my double-ended USB cable, but I did, and I was able to update the firmware with the DJI Assistant program.

Naturally, that seems to have un-linked the second remote, so now I have to reconnect that. I recall having a heck of a time linking the second remote last time!

Thanks.

It took me a while to find my double-ended USB cable, but I did, and I was able to update the firmware with the DJI Assistant program.

Naturally, that seems to have un-linked the second remote, so now I have to reconnect that. I recall having a heck of a time linking the second remote last time!

Thanks.

I am glad that the FW update worked, If you need help linking your 2nd remote please reach out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123