Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do we get the inspire to lower legs for first flight?

Forgive me, Skylane.... but have you read the manual? Exiting 'travel mode' is the first thing you should do before even attaching the camera... I think it's on page 7 of the manual...

I don't mean to sound flippant, but the Inspire is a complex beast. Manual reading is your best investment protection...

Best,

Ben

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
How do we get the legs down for first flight? The camera drags on the floor with legs up.
We can not fly it yet because the app in not out, so I have not read the manual, only quick start guide. That's why I asked here. Then we were told to upgrade the SW first, to do that the camera needs to be on. So I take it that starting with SW it came with is ok to get the legs down. The inspire is not that complex for me I still have my Phantom and new Cessna 182

Last edited:
We can not fly it yet because the app in not out, so I have not read the manual, only quick start guide. That's why I asked here. Then we were told to upgrade the SW first, to do that the camera needs to be on. So I take it that starting with SW it came with is ok to get the legs down. The inspire is not that complex for me I still have my Phantom and new Cessna 182

Go to DJI website to download the full manual and all the baby manuals. You get the firmware update there as well.
Follow directions to load firmware in camera.

As for raising out of transport mode, the directions are on the 2nd or 3rd page of the manual. Don't try it on thick carpet.

Make sure you cycle the transform switch quickly 4 times to get it in or out of transport mode. Too slow no go...

Just so that I can be pilloried too I'm fessing up that I couldn't get my Inspire's legs to lower in order to fit the camera! Before attempting I read manual, watched tutorials...followed instructions - yet couldn't get landing gear to lower... Had four attempts. Nothing.

Then suddenly it was working fine with just a couple of clicks on the remote. Now I've learned that drones move in mysterious ways! Anyway, my point of posting is to encourage other newbies -like me - not to panic. As Robert the Bruce said: "If at first you don't succeed - try, try and try again." Now it's simulator time - I need to learn how to fly :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan