Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you counter theft?

Reaction score
Hi fellow pilots,

About 6 months ago, I posted this video of the maldives that has garnered quite a bit of attention.

Today, I am looking at my account and I notice in the recommended videos a beautiful image that looks exactly like the one I have on my video. i click on the link and see it is exactly my footage.

Would you describe this as theft?

Just wondering if you have any suggestions as to how to prevent this. FYI, this was the first video I did with the inspire 1 and I didnˋt watermark it so in a way I was asking for it. From that point forward, I watermarked all my footage.

Just wondering if you know of any way to have the person in question remove the video (aside from asking them to).

Cheers

There' a page to report copyright infringement on Youtube.
But it's much more "fun" to first just send a bill to the poster for use of your footage. That will get them much more likely to respond and either pay or remove the video. If they still don't, then use the Youtube takedown form.

Reactions: PB30X
>>I didnˋt watermark it so in a way I was asking for it.

I disagree. Stealing is stealing regardless.

That guy has 2 videos up. Both of them are 15 second rips of your video. He is not monetizing them. Still, that's BS and I would message the guy.

As to your original video, I loved it!

Lol, didn't I tell you a long time ago[emoji6]! It's the Internet! Photos, videos, jokes, quotes and phrases are stolen on a daily basis. As mentioned fill out the form, but honestly wouldn't worry to much if they're just sharing and Not Claiming it as their own work.

Lol, didn't I tell you a long time ago[emoji6]! It's the Internet! Photos, videos, jokes, quotes and phrases are stolen on a daily basis. As mentioned fill out the form, but honestly wouldn't worry to much if they're just sharing and Not Claiming it as their own work.
I knew somebody would come back and say 'I told you so' ;-)

I did follow your advice on future videos however so your comments were not made in vain.

Cheers

Reactions: PB30X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa