Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you Preview DNG's on Mac?

Reaction score
Website
www.airflix.dk
My first Inspire cam shot DNG's that I could preview on my Mac (Quick Preview w/ Spacebar), or via thumbnails in Finder.
But after having camera issues (tilted horizon, hot pixels) DJI replaced my camera with a new one in march. Since then I haven't been able to preview DNG's or view the thumbnails in Finder.
I can only import to Lightroom or open in ACR which is kind of a hassle when you want to skim through multiple photos. And shooting DNG/JPG takes up space on the card. So what happened to the files since they are no longer support as previews? If you have the same issue, how to you skim through your shots?

Apple updated the compatibility with more RAW-cameras today, but that didn't help. Is it an issue that needs fixing from Apple?

I use Picasa. Let's you look quickly through photos and video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I import all the files onto my Mac using Adobe Bridge CC which allows me to preview inside Bridge. Apple has just released a RAW file system update which may solve your problem.

The latest update didn't fix it - but I was told about this solution: http://www.ardfry.com/dng-suite-mac/ - It's USD10, but after you install it, you can again Preview your DNG's in Finder and via Quickview (spacebar).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions