Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How does the built-in ND filter on the X7 16mm work?

Reaction score
I haven't found anything online or on this forum about this. Is the 4 stop built-in filter adjustable from the remote? I think this is such an important feature of this lens, I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about.

I asked this to DJI Support and they have NO CLUE what they are talking about. The rep has been arguing with me telling me there is no built-in filter, but they are included if you buy the 4 lens bundle.

WHY IS DJI SUPPORT SO BAD? Not acceptable for a drone costing this much!

I haven't found anything online or on this forum about this. Is the 4 stop built-in filter adjustable from the remote? I think this is such an important feature of this lens, I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about.

I asked this to DJI Support and they have NO CLUE what they are talking about. The rep has been arguing with me telling me there is no built-in filter, but they are included if you buy the 4 lens bundle.

WHY IS DJI SUPPORT SO BAD? Not acceptable for a drone costing this much!

Page 11-12 of the X7 user manual its right there

Ok thanks. I haven't bought mine yet... Can you turn the ND filter on/off and choose one of the 4 stops from the remote while flying? That is great!

Ok thanks. I haven't bought mine yet... Can you turn the ND filter on/off and choose one of the 4 stops from the remote while flying? That is great!

It is a 4 stop nd, there are not 4 stops to choose from, just the one 4 stop drop. Yes you can have it in or out from the remote

Reactions: DKG13CC and Surge
In DJI Go 4 under camera adjustment, very near the calibrate lens selection, 2 options “enabled” and “disabled” pull down menu.
It is an optical filter built into the lens, only the 16mm has this function, it also is the only x7 lens that cannot cover a full size sensor, whereas the 24, 35 and the 50mm can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry