Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How many batteries to have?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering, what is the average amount of batteries I should own? The inspire comes with a TB47, I am thinking about three more TB48 batteries. Is that too much?

Only you can know what you need/want to do and how many you might need when doing whatever you do...

Some people are happy with 2, some need 10... I have 3 TB47s.

Each battery gives me around 14 minutes flying. I have 2 TB47s which allow me to cover one location's filming and 30 minutes is about the right length to concentrate on flying this excellent aircraft. However, I want to order at least 2 more.

If you plan to fly by civil airlines with you I1 you should only consider 2 TB48s as this is the maximum number of these higher capacity LiPo batteries you are permitted to carry in handle luggage (especially in the US). You can carry any number of the lower powered TB47 ones.

My current battery setup and real tentative plan...
I have yet to truly stress test it with an all day Ag farm field survey shoot however...

Inventory...
7x batteries (3x 47's plus 4x 48's)
5x 100w DJI chargers
I will count the 47's as 10 mins and 48's as 15 mins fly time when rough estimating very conservatively...
If it's windy..I will halve that... Will adjust these figures as experience shows reality...
So 90 mins base available with 45 mins windy day worse case...

The Need...
Ag Bird will be carrying two extra lightweight point and shoot cameras... (Canon SX260's with MaxMax mods)
https://www.maxmax.com/5-band.htm
They are modified to make a 5 channel NDVI crop camera set with interval trigger timer to fire both.
The added weight is the main reason I'm figuring fly times very conservatively...
I will NOT be using MaxMax's camera mount...working on a custom mount to fit the bird...

The working plan...
Stock camera will be taking 4K video to pull color stills from in post...
NDVI set is snapping 4000x3000 pic pairs with RGB + edge IR + near IR channels for NDVI post...
This is the 1 year from now plan anyway...

If I need more...
True sine wave converter nearby wired into my dual alternator Cummins pickup truck...
Truck taken for a "soda run" as needed to top it's dual stock AGM battery's...
Five a charging... one a flying,,,one in transit between rigs...

I think it looks good on paper... :rolleyes: :p :cool:

I have 4 TB47s and 2 TB48s. I havnt gone out and run all 6 through it in one session yet, in fact I havnt even charged one of the 48s since buying it. I'm pretty confident that with the type of work I intend using it for that I'll be able to shoot an hour of footage or photography. I'm real happy with my set up now with the new firmware.

3x TB47 and 2x Chargers here. Maybe I'll buy a couple of more batteries and one more charger :)

I do one TB47, and 4 TB48s

Always want more, but I've really only expended all 5 batteries and had to wait for packs to charge once. But I'm also not doing any real 'work' - just fooling around and helping folks learn to pilot the aircraft.

QAwmdQS.jpg

3 TB47 and 4 TB48 (but 1 TB48 has a bad cell) and only 2 chargers.
I would like 2 more TB48's (at least) and 2 more chargers.
The price of a battery or two is cheap compared to running out of juice on a shoot!
I plan to get about 12 minutes on a TB47 and 15 minutes on a TB48. Actual times may be a bit longer but I try and always land with at least 25% battery (normally more).

Cheers

I have 1 tb47 and 7 tb48, with 3 chargers. It definately is not enough to do constant filming, I found that about half an hour downtime was needed during the day to let the batteries catch back up after charging, but I am in a very hot area and they take at least 30 mins before they cool down enough to allow them to charge

I have 3 TB47's and 2 Dji I1 chargers and I'm quite happy.
But,
I'd be even happier with 50 batteries because i just can't stop flying this sexy woman!

Not Professional, just having fun too.. Never could have too many batteries (2) TB47 (8) TB48's.. It's a Hobby of mine[emoji13].. Still waiting on those 14000mah batteries[emoji6]lol..

I do one TB47, and 4 TB48s

Always want more, but I've really only expended all 5 batteries and had to wait for packs to charge once. But I'm also not doing any real 'work' - just fooling around and helping folks learn to pilot the aircraft.

QAwmdQS.jpg
This case is badass!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop