Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How many satellites?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have seen where people have asked this question and I was also curious but when I hooked it up to the external monitor it shows up in the top right 13 satellites and is going up and down :)image.jpg

Bad news guys. I am testing the newest version of the Inspire firmware and the number of sats in now gone in HDMI. I have requested that they restore this in the App and in the HDMI display. It is now Chinese New Year and so they will be dark for the next week.

Reactions: damoncooper
So, I can presume that Inspire 1 uses Glonass AND Navistar simultaneously?

Bad news guys. I am testing the newest version of the Inspire firmware and the number of sats in now gone in HDMI. I have requested that they restore this in the App and in the HDMI display. It is now Chinese New Year and so they will be dark for the next week.
Oh man that's a real bummer !!! I feel it's a good thing to have especially over the bar graph.

Navistar is the GPS Sat system that your country gave to the world to use. Glonass is the Russian one.

GLONASS and NAVSTAR (GPS) only at this stage.

Thanks... but I'm looking for some evidence to support that... I have an OSC application being considered and i have included references to those satellite systems but i'm still coming up short with supporting evidence just in case i'm challenged. The annoying thing is that I wouldnt have included that if i hadn't read it somewhere!

Thanks... but I'm looking for some evidence to support that... I have an OSC application being considered and i have included references to those satellite systems but i'm still coming up short with supporting evidence just in case i'm challenged. The annoying thing is that I wouldnt have included that if i hadn't read it somewhere!
Ah, I see. Less is more sometimes. :)
Usually, the maximum number of satellites viewable from any one constellation is around 12 (certainly in the UK you will be lucky to see that number on one constellation). That is the maximum amount above the horizon at any one time.
You will often see 14-16 satellites in the UK on the Inspire platform which can only mean it is receiving more than one constellation.
There is also reference to both systems in DJI tech specs if I remember correctly (although they keep changing the page)

Reactions: emtea
Glad tonhesr that Navstar and glonass is used on the Inspire 1 Pro. I was concerned as my mavic pro usually gets between 16 and even 20 Sats sometimes and yesterday most I got with I Pro was flickering between 14 and 25 with 16 once.
Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters