Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How should the Flight Attitude Icon be interpreted?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20043

The manual does not make clear to me how I should interprete the direction of the red arrow. I would say that if it point away from me it the drone is flying away from me. But that is not the case.There is always a 90 degrees difference. When the arrow point right the drone flies straight away from me.

Perhaps something is wrong with a compass? It is calibrated however (on the drone)

Thanks for getting me further solving this problem

Rob

The manual does not make clear to me how I should interprete the direction of the red arrow. I would say that if it point away from me it the drone is flying away from me. But that is not the case.There is always a 90 degrees difference. When the arrow point right the drone flies straight away from me.

Perhaps something is wrong with a compass? It is calibrated however (on the drone)

Thanks for getting me further solving this problem

Rob
Rob

You interpretation is correct. Consider the red arrow as a paper-dart with the narrow point representing the nose of the aircraft. If it is not aligned with the physical aircraft then something is wrong with the aircraft compass or its calibration. Make sure you are away for all magnetic and metallic source when you carry out the calibration.

Thanks Scott. I will do again soms extra calibrations on different locations. If that won't solve the problem do you think it's a hardware malfunction?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk

The problem remains. Calibrating the compassie on various locations resulted in a 45° difference between the direction of the nose of the Inspire andere the red arrow in the flight attitude icon on the Pilot App.

Does anybody know if there is soms possibility tot reset the compass or so? I really hope I don't have tot send it back tot the Factory tot solve this problem. I live in the Netherlands

I'm definitely no expert, but it took me a while to realize there are two attitute indicators: the one on the lower right is relative to the world (magnetic or geographical north, depending on if you have the little compass needle icon locked or not) and the lower left is relative to the position and orientation of the remote control. I thought the compass was off because the lower left red arrow was off by about 40 degrees, but that was because I was standing (with the remote) behind and to the left of the drone. The lower right red arrow correctly represented the world attitude of the drone.

mTp

Thanks mTp.
I think that's nog the case with me. With my point of stance I can draw a straight line through the Inspire's nose, tail and the RC and still the red arrow will be pointing about 45° away from that line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop