Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to confirm XT Specs, buying used.

Reaction score
Hi,
we are looking at purchasing a used XT. AS per the seller, it is a 640 version.
How do I confirm:
  1. resolution
  2. Radiometric or performance version?
I Have a single still image, but the metadata shows 740 x 480, so I assume this is a still taken from video. I also have a short video with resolution of 720 x 480,

thanks

Reaction score
Hi,
we are looking at purchasing a used XT. AS per the seller, it is a 640 version.
How do I confirm:
  1. resolution
  2. Radiometric or performance version?
I Have a single still image, but the metadata shows 740 x 480, so I assume this is a still taken from video. I also have a short video with resolution of 720 x 480,

thanks
I believe that if you look in the app, Pilot for M200 series or XT Pro app for Inspire 1, in the camera settings at the bottom it gives you the camera specs. Not sure it displays performance or Radiometric for type? You can also get the serial number and chat DJI and ask them what model it is.

Reaction score
Thanks @jkerrins
I do have the information, it lists the camera as "640, <9Hz, 19mm, Standard". Now I don't know what the Standard refers to...
I Have noticed that model numbers include an R or P, which I assume is Radiometric or Performance. I Have asked the seller to confirm this. Working through an intermediary is not the best...
1620287202964.png 1620287218497.png

Appreciate the help

Reaction score
Well the "V2" means the motherboard has been updated to work on the M200 series with an adapter ring. Can I ask what type of work you plan on using it for?

Reaction score
Understood about the V2. These were examples to illustrate the R and P in the model numbers which I shared with the seller in this case.

We would be using the camera for a variety of tasks, solar PV, roof inspections, etc.

The actual unit is the 640, 9hz, 19mm lens

Reaction score
OK. PV and roof inspections would be mostly Qualitative, so Radiometric would not be necessary, but always nice to have. 19mm lens will have 32 degree FOV. I have owned multiple Flir thermal sensors, and prefer 640 13mm with 45 degree FOV as my favorite sweet spot. Keep in mind that 9hz is not going to produce good video if you are looking to include that. If you are just going to take still thermograms and tune, then video is not in play.

Reaction score
for The basic inspections I would agree that the the radiometric is not really an absolute requirement. Some of the software suppliers we are talking to require the radiometric camera. 13mm lens would also be my first choice, this is a used piece that we can pick up relatively cheaply to start working, and keep our Inspires working for longer too.

DJI support came back and confirmed that the R and P in the model number refer to radiometric and performance, just need to get the seller to confirm but it's like pulling teeth to get details...

Reaction score
for The basic inspections I would agree that the the radiometric is not really an absolute requirement. Some of the software suppliers we are talking to require the radiometric camera. 13mm lens would also be my first choice, this is a used piece that we can pick up relatively cheaply to start working, and keep our Inspires working for longer too.

DJI support came back and confirmed that the R and P in the model number refer to radiometric and performance, just need to get the seller to confirm but it's like pulling teeth to get details...
Sorry for the dumb question, What is the difference between the R and P models? also is there a lower "standard" specification?

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, What is the difference between the R and P models? also is there a lower "standard" specification?
Not a dumb question at all, taken me some time to get a handle on this. AS I understand it: Radiometric (R) models record temperature data across the entire image. Performance (P) only record temperature data in the centre four pixels. Only the two levels, and P is the lowest (resolution and frame rate are additional factors, giving you a range of 12 possible end products). The XT2 and now the H20T are only available in Radiometric.

If you're doing basic waterproofing or insulation inspections, you can use the performance model as customers probably wont need hard data.

For work on solar PV etc, Radiometric is generally a requirement.

Hope that helps

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all, taken me some time to get a handle on this. AS I understand it: Radiometric (R) models record temperature data across the entire image. Performance (P) only record temperature data in the centre four pixels. Only the two levels, and P is the lowest (resolution and frame rate are additional factors, giving you a range of 12 possible end products). The XT2 and now the H20T are only available in Radiometric.

If you're doing basic waterproofing or insulation inspections, you can use the performance model as customers probably wont need hard data.

For work on solar PV etc, Radiometric is generally a requirement.

Hope that helps
Thanks so much for your quick response. That is most helpful!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airblainer