Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to confirm XT Specs, buying used.

Reaction score
Hi,
we are looking at purchasing a used XT. AS per the seller, it is a 640 version.
How do I confirm:
  1. resolution
  2. Radiometric or performance version?
I Have a single still image, but the metadata shows 740 x 480, so I assume this is a still taken from video. I also have a short video with resolution of 720 x 480,

thanks

Hi,
we are looking at purchasing a used XT. AS per the seller, it is a 640 version.
How do I confirm:
  1. resolution
  2. Radiometric or performance version?
I Have a single still image, but the metadata shows 740 x 480, so I assume this is a still taken from video. I also have a short video with resolution of 720 x 480,

thanks
I believe that if you look in the app, Pilot for M200 series or XT Pro app for Inspire 1, in the camera settings at the bottom it gives you the camera specs. Not sure it displays performance or Radiometric for type? You can also get the serial number and chat DJI and ask them what model it is.

Thanks @jkerrins
I do have the information, it lists the camera as "640, <9Hz, 19mm, Standard". Now I don't know what the Standard refers to...
I Have noticed that model numbers include an R or P, which I assume is Radiometric or Performance. I Have asked the seller to confirm this. Working through an intermediary is not the best...
1620287202964.png 1620287218497.png

Appreciate the help

Well the "V2" means the motherboard has been updated to work on the M200 series with an adapter ring. Can I ask what type of work you plan on using it for?

Understood about the V2. These were examples to illustrate the R and P in the model numbers which I shared with the seller in this case.

We would be using the camera for a variety of tasks, solar PV, roof inspections, etc.

The actual unit is the 640, 9hz, 19mm lens

OK. PV and roof inspections would be mostly Qualitative, so Radiometric would not be necessary, but always nice to have. 19mm lens will have 32 degree FOV. I have owned multiple Flir thermal sensors, and prefer 640 13mm with 45 degree FOV as my favorite sweet spot. Keep in mind that 9hz is not going to produce good video if you are looking to include that. If you are just going to take still thermograms and tune, then video is not in play.

for The basic inspections I would agree that the the radiometric is not really an absolute requirement. Some of the software suppliers we are talking to require the radiometric camera. 13mm lens would also be my first choice, this is a used piece that we can pick up relatively cheaply to start working, and keep our Inspires working for longer too.

DJI support came back and confirmed that the R and P in the model number refer to radiometric and performance, just need to get the seller to confirm but it's like pulling teeth to get details...

for The basic inspections I would agree that the the radiometric is not really an absolute requirement. Some of the software suppliers we are talking to require the radiometric camera. 13mm lens would also be my first choice, this is a used piece that we can pick up relatively cheaply to start working, and keep our Inspires working for longer too.

DJI support came back and confirmed that the R and P in the model number refer to radiometric and performance, just need to get the seller to confirm but it's like pulling teeth to get details...
Sorry for the dumb question, What is the difference between the R and P models? also is there a lower "standard" specification?

Sorry for the dumb question, What is the difference between the R and P models? also is there a lower "standard" specification?
Not a dumb question at all, taken me some time to get a handle on this. AS I understand it: Radiometric (R) models record temperature data across the entire image. Performance (P) only record temperature data in the centre four pixels. Only the two levels, and P is the lowest (resolution and frame rate are additional factors, giving you a range of 12 possible end products). The XT2 and now the H20T are only available in Radiometric.

If you're doing basic waterproofing or insulation inspections, you can use the performance model as customers probably wont need hard data.

For work on solar PV etc, Radiometric is generally a requirement.

Hope that helps

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Not a dumb question at all, taken me some time to get a handle on this. AS I understand it: Radiometric (R) models record temperature data across the entire image. Performance (P) only record temperature data in the centre four pixels. Only the two levels, and P is the lowest (resolution and frame rate are additional factors, giving you a range of 12 possible end products). The XT2 and now the H20T are only available in Radiometric.

If you're doing basic waterproofing or insulation inspections, you can use the performance model as customers probably wont need hard data.

For work on solar PV etc, Radiometric is generally a requirement.

Hope that helps
Thanks so much for your quick response. That is most helpful!

Cheers from 2024. I was in the market for a Zenmuse XT and I too was confused by all the different options and model numbers. I too bought a used one, and knew all the specs EXCEPT if it was "Radiometric" or "Performance".

Well, after looking around, I think I finally figured it out. I made an account here just to record it for future reference, and in case it helps anyone else.

My model is FZXTA13FP.

Here's what all this stuff breaks down to.

[F] ZXTA13FP - Version 1 or 2. If there's an "F", it seems to designate the "V2" version that adds compatibility with the Matrice 200. If it's missing, it's the V1.

F [ZXT] A13FP - ZXT just stands for Zenmuse XT, which all the models will have this part.

FZXT [A] 13FP - Resolution, A or B. A is the superior 640x512 resolution, B is the lesser resolution 336x256.

FZXTA [13] FP - Lens in mm. The options are [06] for 6.8mm, [07] for 7.5mm, [09] for 9mm, [13] for 13mm, and [19] for 19mm. Lower number, wider Field of View (see more at once), bigger number means lower FoV (feels more zoomed in). Either 9mm or 13mm feel like a "sweet spot" for most pilots.

FZXTA13 [F] P - Framerate speed, F or S. F is the 30Hz (F for "fast"), and the S is for 9Hz (S for "slow"). The "F" 30Hz is arguably better.

FZXTA13F [P] - Radiometric yes/no, R or P. If yes, it will say "R" for Radiometric (more feature-rich, more expensive). If not, it will show "P" for "Performance" (more basic, but still useful).

So the answer I was personally seeking "is my model Radiometric or not?" Well, in this case, the model number means...

FZXTA13FP = V2 of Zenmuse XT, "Grade A" at 640x512 resolution, 13mm lens, "Fast" 30Hz framerate, "Performance" so not Radiometric version. Which only means I can't use some advanced features like the "area zone" or customizing emissivity settings. Which I don't need. But at least I finally know what all those options mean and how to tell what mine is now!

I hope this helps! Happy flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters