Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to Download Prores and CinemaDNG Footage

Reaction score
Just getting going with my new Inspire 2 this week. Question: Do you need to purchase the separate $29 CineSSD reader to download Prores footage to a computer or can you connect directly to the Drone to grab it?

It is mandatory, no other way to get the files off, and to be honest even if you could use USB you wouldn't want to given the size of the files :)

Reactions: Advexure
well, I think its technically possible if you are happy to open up the SSD canister that you have.

theres an M.2 drive in that, which you could plug directly into an m.2 slot on your computers motherboard if it has one and then move the footage directly onto one of your other harddrives.
honestly, not worth it as you void warranty and your opening it up to dirt etc etc etc.

it is however, a far faster method of transferring files! :p

you sure about that?

Ill say ive never done it, but having read about someone who has, I picked up that 1)you can pop the m.2 drive into your PC and pull the files right off it but 2) it has firmware on it that allows it to work with the inspire 2, to stop you popping another m.2 drive into the ssd canister and just using that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy