Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to fly without pilot app?

Reaction score
I just got my inspire as we all know the app doesn't work for iOS devices but I'm dying to fly. does any body know how to fly the Inspire without the use of the pilot app?

I don't think you can or at least I wouldn't advise it, even without the camera. The app advises on so many things that are critical to safe flight.

I would drop a note to DJI and get them on record. It's sad we all paid BIG BUCKS for this Inspire 1, waited for it and now we cant fly it? We should be compensated a bit.

Who says you can't fly (yes it's safer if you don't), I just flew and no I don't have loads of money or a death wish. The Inspire flew as it should, yes a slight yaw, but really enjoyed flying in ATTI mode, it is the new benchmark and as with everything new, it's going to have bugs and never never going to be perfect.

Well, the new Firmware version16, that addresses the IMU works well! No Yaw drift at all. I just flew here in Boston under Sunny 10 Deg F. and Headwind 10 MPH and it handled just fine. I did install the new IOS 0.9.2 on my ipad Air 2 when i was first posted this Thursday so i was lucky. The interesting note: i did receive a warning about the Prop locks on the display and a notice to recalibrate the IMU. So did outside and it was cold and took 15 minutes but completed A-OK and then i did a compass calibration to be consistent.

I only took it for a short flight, 15 min and at the height of 30 feet 365 degrees and captures my video and have it all on my flight recorder. If the weather stays good and warms up, i will try the auto takeoff and landing. The landing gear works well too during flight and the Inspire is quiet compared to the Phantom Vision 2 +. Hope DJI keep's up the good work and i agree, there are always bugs, just don't want to pay for them in addition to the cost of the Inspire 1 i made. Happy flying and take it easy for now.
Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I just got my inspire as we all know the app doesn't work for iOS devices but I'm dying to fly. does any body know how to fly the Inspire without the use of the pilot app?

Try this:

For folks who have Apple IOS devices and need/want to install the app.

IPA download for iOS app 0.9.2
wink.gif
- http://tinyurl.com/nzp8v9k

Use www.i-funbox.com to install the IPA file (DJI IOS app) from a PC/Mac to your IOS device. (I-funbox is free)

Instructions
1.) download the ipa file to your desktop from : http://tinyurl.com/nzp8v9k
2.) download and install the ifunbox app on your pc/mac from : www.i-funbox.com
3.) Plug in your iOS device to your pc (do not launch itunes)
4.) launch ifunbox app and click on install app option. Point to ipa file
5.) enjoy flying your inspire

I hope this helps. This should hold folks over until the IOS app is approved/released on the App Store

Thanks for the help. Just out of curiosity is the iOS 9.2 the same version as the 1.0.2 Android version?

the app works fine. its downloading the app that does not work at this time without some work. You can always use a android device

Try this:

wink.gif

Use www.i-funbox.com to install the IPA file (DJI IOS app) from a PC/Mac to your IOS device. (I-funbox is free)

Instructions

I hope this helps. This should hold folks over until the IOS app is approved/released on the App Store
Well I gave this a try, the ling didn't work thats fine. i used the link bellow it downloaded and everything. But when i try to open the file with I Funbox it says that the app can't open iOS format files.
If you could post a video or more directions of how to do it I would greatly appreciated.

eduardo

you need to make sure when you download it is downloaded as one single file. I can guide you if you want to shoot me a private message

Try this:

wink.gif

Instructions

Never mind guys this explanation here actually works. I just didn't know how to use the I unbox but after watching a couple videos I did it. The only thing is that I hope that When I do the update the app won't disappear or something like that.

Try this link for the IPA file - instructions exactly as above

I installed it on my Ipad and uploaded the ipa file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U9pDC2iKknTDBaZ2szOFJnOWs/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the uploaded ipa file. I was able to install it on my ipad air 2 using windows 8.1 pc and iFunbox (windows version)----after some trials and tribulations getting the ipad and pc married up. But as the ios file name and installed app show, it's the older version 0.9.1 and not 0.9.2.

But at least I now have the flight simulator available, which I do not have on the 0.9.2 android version installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, which I used for Inspire 1 maiden flight on 17 Jan 2015.

For now anyway, I will continue using the Samsung and just employ the ipad for flight simulator practice....at least until the Apple/DJI thing is resolved--hopefully in DJI's and its customers favors.

Thanks for the uploaded ipa file. I was able to install it on my ipad air 2 using windows 8.1 pc and iFunbox (windows version)----after some trials and tribulations getting the ipad and pc married up. But as the ios file name and installed app show, it's the older version 0.9.1 and not 0.9.2.

But at least I now have the flight simulator available, which I do not have on the 0.9.2 android version installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, which I used for Inspire 1 maiden flight on 17 Jan 2015.

For now anyway, I will continue using the Samsung and just employ the ipad for flight simulator practice....at least until the Apple/DJI thing is resolved--hopefully in DJI's and its customers favors.
Did you have any problems of lag with your footage? Both of the videos that I recorded are lagging, but the light bridge signal is perfect.

Did you have any problems of lag with your footage? Both of the videos that I recorded are lagging, but the light bridge signal is perfect.
The only thing I noticed was when I tried playing the one and only mov file from the flight directly from the Inspire 1 micro SD that I had inserted in my pc, there were all kinds of glitches. Once I moved the file from the micro SD onto a pc hard drive, it played smoothly without any aberrations. But then again, only one short flight to date. Who knows what the future holds?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa