Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I pad mini 2 and 4 terrible video transmission

Reaction score
I'm pretty stumped by this. On my last couple of jobs I've had to resort to using my android phone, because both my ipad mini 2 and ipad mini 4 just don't seem to be able to handle the live video transmission.

The video is constantly cutting out with green and mainly black screens.

I hadn't updated any firmware on the drone or the controller for about 6-7 months (don't fix what isn't broken kind of thing) But then, on a job, my client wanted to use his rc and ipad set up as a slave, which meant i needed to upgrade to the most up to date firmwares and softwares.

I have replaced the zenmuse x 5 connection point, replaced the two wires that connect to them. But still no luck.

My thinking is that the ipad mini is just not powerful enough to keep up to date with the app updates?

Any one else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Ross

I'm pretty stumped by this. On my last couple of jobs I've had to resort to using my android phone, because both my ipad mini 2 and ipad mini 4 just don't seem to be able to handle the live video transmission.

The video is constantly cutting out with green and mainly black screens.

I hadn't updated any firmware on the drone or the controller for about 6-7 months (don't fix what isn't broken kind of thing) But then, on a job, my client wanted to use his rc and ipad set up as a slave, which meant i needed to upgrade to the most up to date firmwares and softwares.

I have replaced the zenmuse x 5 connection point, replaced the two wires that connect to them. But still no luck.

My thinking is that the ipad mini is just not powerful enough to keep up to date with the app updates?

Any one else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Ross
I was having the same issue with the previous firmware version. I ended up deleting the GO app and then reinstalling and it fixed the issue. I am using a Ipad Mini 2 and have had no issues since.

Reactions: Ross Birnie
I've had exactly the same issue today using iPad Mini 3 (everything with the latest firmware). The image on the screen was next to useless with huge lag, green sections, pixilation and black areas. However, I've just put the SD card in the computer expecting the worse but was pleasantly surprised when the images were perfect, except for over/under exposure etc. due to not being able to set up correctly by not getting a live feed without the lag.

Any ideas anyone? I'm going to uninstall / reinstall the GO app and see if this make any difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk