Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I Want My mah Back!

Good post damon, and a good try, however, it didn't work in my case having other battery issues. I listed the result in my original post above.

Why is cold causing battery problems?? Sure, I can see if the battery is cold soaked, but if it is at 50-60°F, as soon as you start flying the battery starts heating up ... Maybe its an electronic problem w. the monitoring in cold weather? Doesn't make sense. I have a LiOn battery in my snowplow, and use it at -40°F ... no problems for 5 years now ... something is fishy ...

Why is cold causing battery problems?? Sure, I can see if the battery is cold soaked, but if it is at 50-60°F, as soon as you start flying the battery starts heating up ... Maybe its an electronic problem w. the monitoring in cold weather? Doesn't make sense. I have a LiOn battery in my snowplow, and use it at -40°F ... no problems for 5 years now ... something is fishy ...

Google Lithium Polymer performance temperature.

Reactions: The Editor
You need one or sometimes two cycles after unplugging for 60 min to reclaim capacity
Damon, tried a second round for a battery reset. Pretty much same results. On charger top LED lights. Then on bird not enough juice to display or even the preliminary start-up procedure. This battery is dead. In your opinion, are the battery electronics worth anything to someone? I can ask the forum but thought you may know. I have a remaining 3 batteries
and will use your tip on them. BTW, I googled LP battery performance temp and learned more than I need to know about
Electrolytes. lol

Damon, tried a second round for a battery reset. Pretty much same results. On charger top LED lights. Then on bird not enough juice to display or even the preliminary start-up procedure. This battery is dead. In your opinion, are the battery electronics worth anything to someone? I can ask the forum but thought you may know. I have a remaining 3 batteries
and will use your tip on them. BTW, I googled LP battery performance temp and learned more than I need to know about
Electrolytes. lol

Sounds dead I agree.

I'd be interested in the dead battery if you could PM me. Playing with the idea of gutting one and replacing the DJI cells with a higher end battery. I need a corpse to practice on though :)

No, just unplug at whatever you're at. Wait 60 min, plug back in, fully charge, fly to 3.3V/5%/cutoff (deep cycle), fully charge again and capacity should be vastly improved.

Post your before and after GO app battery page if you don't mind. For science! :)

ok..I have a 48 that I want to try this on..Off to unplug and let it sit for a bit.

Reactions: damoncooper
Well I did this with one of my 48's that was showing 5186 MAH after 44 flights. It now shows 5386, after this which I think is a reasonable "conditioning" This battery will be my 2nd one to mod with the xt60 connectors and adding it to my other 48 that is used for the external battery mod.

Well I did this with one of my 48's that was showing 5186 MAH after 44 flights. It now shows 5386, after this which I think is a reasonable "conditioning" This battery will be my 2nd one to mod with the xt60 connectors and adding it to my other 48 that is used for the external battery mod.

Good deal. Glad you got some mah back. After the 2nd full cycle you may get a bit more.

I would love to try this but with 8 batteries, its gonna take forevah to get my mah back. I am more and more getting in the habit of watching the voltage. At 3.65V, I start bringing it in with the aim of touching down by 3.60V.

Sounds dead I agree.

I'd be interested in the dead battery if you could PM me. Playing with the idea of gutting one and replacing the DJI cells with a higher end battery. I need a corpse to practice on though :)
Hey damon, did not forget about your cell research, do not have PM set up. Once I do will be back, unless you know another contact way

oh my ... i going to try my TB47 that have 150+ charge on it ... now it left 3600mah.. and 71% battery life left i wonder does it restore the life % of the battery ?

yea.. i really dun expected too much that is my 1st battery come with my inspire.. haha have 2 unit of TB47 sinces it already old... so i think is worth to have a try or a battery mod :rolleyes:

image.png Before n after...

Just only 1st charge... And wow... I get sooo many mah back considering this 80+ charge battery on my tb47 I going to try do cycle to get the best result...

Wow thanks again Damon cooper and this battery flight time are increasing almost as new flight time

its intrsting all my inspire packs have dropped with very little use. one of my TB47 is down to 4370 after 6 flights

got to be FW this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds