Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I1 Battery help

Reaction score
Not sure what to do here...

I put the battery on the DJI factory charger, and it charged for about 20 minutes and then the 3rd light just blinks. I searched for this issue and read something about voltage, so I connected the battery and took a screenshot. I’m hoping there is a relatively easy solution. IMG_0390.JPG

Appreciate your feedback in advance.

try running it on the ground props spinning until the battery dies. then recharge and see if it fixes. if not you will need a better charger that balances each cell

try running it on the ground props spinning until the battery dies. then recharge and see if it fixes. if not you will need a better charger that balances each cell

I actually have a very nice balancing charger that I used for my electric R/C race trucks...

Do I just throw some alligator clips on there and let it do it’s thing?

I actually have a very nice balancing charger that I used for my electric R/C race trucks...

no you'd need a small plug adapter and to remove the top cover to unplug the smart pc board and plug the adapter innto the battery
theres a thread on the DJI forum that kinda covers this

You must also be mindful that the Inspire packs use LiHV cells and therefore must be charged to 4.35v per cell instead of 4.2v

Update: I ran with props installed- set her outside and turned on and she ran for over an hour. It’s cool in New Orleans today, so after a while I decided to turn it off and bring inside, despite my girlfriend’s objections. When I got inside and tried to re-arm, it said the battery was too cold to run, so I just left it with the cooling fan running.

I just checked it again, and it’s down to 4%. Once it completely shuts down, I’ll try the easy way and just recharge with the DJI charger. Odd thing is that when I posted information earlier, it only showed 9 charges on the battery, and now it shows 10.

72c9ed09b538bae6afe375402fe21b01.jpg

Question is, what is an acceptable deviation from cell to cell, I've discovered all my batteries are bad, bad enough that the bird just wants to lay down after taking flight for a minute or two, pretty much fives up and lands and it is happening on all my batteries.

Thank you all for your input- I’ll let you know how it goes. I am a bit concerned about that 2nd cell...View attachment 24910
Is this screenshot with the aircraft at rest? If so you will be better served putting that battery under load, that is with the craft hovering, that's where you can see the real health of the cells. Put it in the air and take another screenshot.

Is this screenshot with the aircraft at rest? If so you will be better served putting that battery under load, that is with the craft hovering, that's where you can see the real health of the cells. Put it in the air and take another screenshot.

Yes all images today were at rest, or t least not under a heavy load.

When the weather breaks this week, I’ll take it out back and hover a few feet off the ground and get another shot of the status.

Yes all images today were at rest, or t least not under a heavy load.

When the weather breaks this week, I’ll take it out back and hover a few feet off the ground and get another shot of the status.
Just watch it as you put it under load, I almos choked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77