Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 hitting 2 miles

I finally got around to reading your mission logs and I am HIGHLY impressed, you are grinding out there. Not a lot of folks will dedicate their time in mapping because it is a crucial, and time-consuming. I opted out to Absolute Mapping, and I only specialize in 10%-40% and then come back to a build during 80% for structural.

You are on a different level of stress (but a good one) Keep up the great work!

So if the 32 hack wont work with the up to date go app is there a way to improve my playback function? I have playback issues that donnie looked at and said it was my 8 channel issue. I tried to install the hack but it didnt take. Just want to be able to view my pictures and video after I shoot. Not an issue while flying, just when Im on ground and try to playback. Is there a way to back date to a different app version to allow the hack?
thanks
Jeff

So if the 32 hack wont work with the up to date go app is there a way to improve my playback function? I have playback issues that donnie looked at and said it was my 8 channel issue. I tried to install the hack but it didnt take. Just want to be able to view my pictures and video after I shoot. Not an issue while flying, just when Im on ground and try to playback. Is there a way to back date to a different app version to allow the hack?
thanks
Jeff

Which iOS version are you running?

D

I have a tablet and phone, both are updated to the latest of both apple and go app software
Thanks
Jeff

Which iOS? The "latest iOS" will depend on which iPhone/iPad you have. You say "tablet." If you're running Android, all bets are off. I would blame the tablet for the playback issues. If you're running Apple, as much as I don't like them, they work best with DJI products, and is therefore probably not the problem...unless it's a super old iPad.

The only way to troubleshoot this is to have information. The above data is like calling the mechanic and saying, "My car won't go. What's wrong?"

D

Last edited:
Sorry, I have an ipad4 mini with 12.4 and an iPhone 8 also on 12.4. I just tried my iPad with the newest app update with no help. I’ll fly out 500 m later today and see how the live feed is.
thanks
Jeff

Sorry, I have an ipad4 mini with 12.4 and an iPhone 8 also on 12.4. I just tried my iPad with the newest app update with no help. I’ll fly out 500 m later today and see how the live feed is.
thanks
Jeff

Okay...this is very good information to have.

Have you done backups of your iPad? Can you step it back to version 12.1.xx? If not, you'll need a third-party program to roll back your Go and Go 4 apps. If you CAN roll back your iOS, you can use a legacy version of iTunes to install legacy app versions.

This is why my job is so secure in this industry. To have a truly reliable platform that's not going to ground your bird because you don't have Internet access to take a test or agree to new terms and conditions, you have to jump through a few hoops. Most guys are in the same boat as you. They just updated everything until the platform is either no longer reliable or sometimes stops working altogether. They trusted DJI and Apple to work and act in their better interest. Turns out "updates" usually add bugs and/or Naziware to your platform. This Naziware either limits functionality, limits options, or even worse, grounds your bird if you don't conform to their Nazi-esque requirements. In some cases, the UAV flies off uncontrollably and crashes. This forum is LITTERED with those stories.

I own an Inspire 1, Mavic Pro and P4P. All 4 run legacy firmware, legacy apps, and are rock-solid reliable. I never have to login to DJI to re-up for the "privilege" of using a product I bought and paid for years ago. Don't get me started...

Hands down, without question, the Inspire 1 is rock solid with the following:

App: v3.1.1
Aircraft: v1.8.1.00
Remote: v1.6
X3 Camera: v1.8.1
X5 Camera: v1.11.1.50 (I have found that there is a lot of wiggle room with the X5 camera FW)

I like iOS 12.1.xx or earlier so that I can use a legacy version of iTunes (v12.5.4.42), which I use to roll back apps. In addition, I can add configuration files to modify these apps. That said, I DO own a Gen 3 iPad with iOS 12.3.xx, which requires a third-party app to achieve what I can normally do in iTunes.

I've been flying my Inspire 1 at least twice a month for years with rock-solid reliability and rock-solid video feed. No tests. No EULA's. No logging in to the DJI mother ship. No video feed issues. No playback issues. Just blissful droning. I can get you there, but it's going to require some diligence. Lemme know if you want to move forward.

D

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with the litchi app and the video feed? I havent been able to find the 1.8.1 version or an older go app so thinking it might be just as easy to use the litchi app if it works better. After doing alot of reading seems that the 32 channel hack will not work with the newer versions of the go app either. I was able to greatly help my feed by going to the custom settings and set it to channel 14 for now.
thanks
Jeff

Anyone have experience with the litchi app and the video feed?

If your video feed sucks in the Go App, it's going to suck in all other apps.

I havent been able to find the 1.8.1 version...

For the love of all that is holy, I provided a direct link in the description area of the video I cited. I'm not sure how to make it any easier.
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

What more do you want???

...or an older go app so thinking it might be just as easy to use the litchi app if it works better.

Where do you think LItchi gets it's video feed? If you guess the same exact hardware as the Go App, you guessed right.

And I linked to full instructions how to download the legacy Go Apps. Here it is again:

After doing alot of reading seems that the 32 channel hack will not work with the newer versions of the go app either.

Tru dat.

I was able to greatly help my feed by going to the custom settings and set it to channel 14 for now.

Yep. 32 channels will pretty much insure that you will get reception in any area under any condition.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko